PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Garrett Arms Model 1859 Sharps Long Rifle

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
11-26-2016, 09:26 PM
If one of you out there has one of these gathering dust in your safe, or if you know of someone who has one of these for sale, please shoot me an IM.

TIA

Tom

Rob FreemanWBR
11-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but is a Garret Sharps a repo?

I have two original sharps. One is a low numbered carbine what would have been used in the Civil War, the other has a one has a long heavy barrel (maybe used for buffalo hints????).

Someone much more knowledgeable that myself said both are in very good shape and would be highly sought after by collectors.

Theyve sat idle, maintained and in climate controlled settings for >50 years.

If either are of interest pls let me know and I'll move them to the front of the "for sale que".

PM or email is best ways to reach me. Rdfreeman1906@gmail.com

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
11-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Hi, Rob - thanks for your reply.

Yes, the Garrett Sharps are early reproductions.

I was able to shoot an original a few weeks ago, and caught the bug. Unfortunately, original Sharps military long rifles are out of my price range. Second choice is a good repro.

I'm not in a hurry, so will keep my eye on the on-line gun auctions and on the N-SSA forum.

You should have no trouble selling your originals.

Thanks again, and best,

Tom

Charlie Hahn
11-27-2016, 02:30 PM
I have a Pedersoli with a Crowther short sleeve bring modification I would be willing to part with. $1200 as she sits plus shipping. I will be at the fort this coming week end if that helps

Charlie Hahn

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
11-28-2016, 11:28 AM
I have a Pedersoli with a Crowther short sleeve bring modification I would be willing to part with. $1200 as she sits plus shipping. I will be at the fort this coming week end if that helps

Charlie Hahn

Thanks, Charlie - PM sent.