PDA

View Full Version : W.T.P. Colt 2nd. Generation Percussion Revolver/s

C.W. Artillery
11-25-2016, 09:50 AM
25 November 2016

Colt Firearms Collector seeking purchase candidate/s as follows. Colt Second Generation percussion revolvers produced in Hartford, Connecticut between November 1978 and November 1982 and known as the "F" series. This Colt production output of percussion revolvers are entitled to receive Colt authenticity letters at a nominal fee from the Colt factory historical records. I am presently searching for the following models in the following preference order;

1) Colt, Baby Dragoon Model (1848), .31 Cal, 5 shot with nickle back strap and square back trigger guard and Indian fight scene cylinder engraving.

2) Colt, Wells Fargo Model (1849), .31 Cal, 5 shot with brass back strap and round trigger guard and Stage Coach hold-up scene cylinder engraving.

3) Colt, Pocket Model (1849) a.k.a, "Civilian Pocket" .31 Cal, 5 shot w/ five hammer rest pins, with brass back strap and round trigger guard and Stage Coach hold-up scene cylinder
engraving.

The above three models of interest are known to have been barreled up with differing barrel lengths, but predominately in four inch length.

Any physical condition will be considered, but "neglected" down to "trashed" are of much less interest.

Communications for discussion directed to Webb Brown at Email < C.W.ArtilleryHistory@gmail > would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Colt Second Generation "Navies" , also of interest to purchase.

Thank you for your interest and time,

Regards,

Webb Brown

Jim Wimbish, 10395
11-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Interesting post. I checked on-line at one of the Colt forums and found that neither the second nor third generation Colts were made in Hartford. Ivor Johnson made the second generation Colts in New Jersey. The third generation were made in Brooklyn and are actually supposed to be better quality. The SAA Colts were apparently made in Hartford, but not any of the others. I have a 1851 Navy Colt Signature Series and it is a truly beautiful gun. This one was made in Brooklyn as were all of the Colt Signature Series Guns. The other interesting thing that I learned was that neither the original Pattersons or Walkers were made by Colt. The Walkers were made by Eli Whitney. So there is a long history of Colt not making his own guns.

Eggman
11-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Jim/John ---- GOOD STUFF!