PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pietta 58 grips

Randall
11-22-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm looking for a set of decent new or used grips for a Pietta 1858 Remmy. I'm not too particular about the material or species of wood but walnut would be high on the list or a source for natural stag grips as this project could go several different ways. Really anything would work OK. I've also been looking for a dovetail style front sight for a 58 as well. I have a mill and can dovetail it in my shop. Any help in this area would be appreciated too. Thanks

Ron/The Old Reb
11-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Try Dixie Gun Works. I know they use to have imitation ivory grips for 58 Remington's.

Eggman
11-22-2016, 05:22 PM
intimation ivory grips
Agreed. Nothing is more intimate than than rubbing warm sweaty hands up and down the glassy smooth curves of some ivory grips.

hobbler
11-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Best sources for custom grips for percussion revolvers?

Randall
11-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Yes, I've been doing some searches and come up with several suppliers for wood, synthetic ivory, stag, jigged bone, and some other exotics as well. Most are available for percussion original and repops but some aren't. I was surprised to see the selection that was available. I could also use a used set of factory grips for a pietta 1858 if I wanted to stick with the frugal route.