PDA

View Full Version : Wanted for Purchase-MAYNARD .40 Cal Mould/s

C.W. Artillery
10-03-2016, 07:40 AM
INTERESTED IN PURCHASING MAYNARD .40 CAL. BULLET MOULD/S

03 October 2016

Looking for Maynard bullet mould/s to purchase at Fall Nationals. In need to .40 Cal with double cavity for both style projectiles. Other Maynard moulds and reloading tools of interest. What do you have in Maynard (Mass Arms Co.) production items, i.e., sights, tools, moulds, spare parts, memorabilia, paper, catalogs, etc. ?

Please advise to; < C.W.ArtilleryHistory@gmail.com >

Much obliged,

Webb Brown

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I will be have been a maynard collector for 40 years. I will have a 38-55, 82 model rifle at the nationals along with 6 or seven shotgun barrels of all models, cal & lengths with links. See you at the Nationals this week at Yecks.

hwaugh
10-03-2016, 10:18 AM
I have alot of small parts sights, links, screws and more. I will be working in the stat shack starting on Wed. If interested look me up

Harry Waugh - 3731 - Terry's Texas Rangers

C.W. Artillery
10-03-2016, 11:42 AM
03 October 2016

I will be have been a maynard collector for 40 years. I will have a 38-55, 82 model rifle at the nationals along with 6 or seven shotgun barrels of all models, cal & lengths with links. See you at the Nationals this week at Yecks.

Thank you Bruce for your invitation. I will look forward to seeing you at your store and the Maynard items that you mention. You have been very helpful to me in the past and I appreciate your friendship. I also know Allen C. and John B. and it will be my pleasure to see them as well.

I hope the weather cooperates for us at the end of the week.

Best regards,

Webb Brown

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Webb, It has never got wet in Sutlers ........ as long as you are inside. Don't let a little water keep you from enjoying yourself. You can even borrow my umbrella.

C.W. Artillery
10-03-2016, 11:52 AM
03 October 2016

I have alot of small parts sights, links, screws and more. I will be working in the stat shack starting on Wed. If interested look me up
Harry Waugh - 3731 - Terry's Texas Rangers

Hello Harry -- I'm an ex-skirmisher from an artillery team and it was all great fun and enjoyment. It does get into your blood and I wish I owned a three inch ordinance rifle and carriage/limber of my own.

I have a list of parts and accessories for my Maynard projects that perhaps you are able to help me with. How about if I stop in to see you, with the proviso that if you are busy, I will either wait or return at a time convenient to you.

Thanks much, and I look forward to meeting you over this weekend.

Webb Brown

Are you anywhere near Houston ?

hwaugh
10-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Sounds fine.

Harry

Jack C., 69th NY
10-03-2016, 05:47 PM
I have a . 40 cal, 20" Maynard carbine barrel that I believe is from a Model 1865 Maynard. When I got it, it was on a 1st Model. I since acquired a 26" barrel in .50 cal. for the 1st Model so this now, to me, is an extra barrel. It has a hooded front sight dovetailed into the barrel and a block rear sight. I do not know what, if anything, I am going to do with it BUT I am thinking possibly having it opened up to .50 cal so it is usable as a Skirmishing carbine OR asking someone to reline and chamber to .36 cal. OR seeing if it can be stretched and chambered to .36 cal OR selling or trading towards a 26" .36 cal. barrel OR do nothing with it and keep it. Decisions, Decisions.

Actually, the last thing that should be done to an original barrel in excellent condition is to alter it in any way. So, if you or anyone else might need/want a .40 cal. barrel. I am open to discussion. You can chime in here Bruce. ;)

Jack

C.W. Artillery
10-03-2016, 06:28 PM
03 October 2016 ---

Thank you kindly Jack for your information ---

I, my post, actually was stated to be a search for a .40 Cal bullet mould with two cavities which were made available by the Massachusetts Arms Company, and may well have been produced by a sub-contractor company or firm.

Hope you have a great shoot in Virginia.

Webb