PDA

View Full Version : New Approvals

Eggman
09-27-2016, 09:53 AM
I see by the Skirmish Line four new arms were approved for use all an once. I think the Small Arms Committee is going soft.

BobbyHannula8450v
09-27-2016, 10:27 AM
John Holland and his committee work long and hard with all persons submitting arms for approval so that by the time they reach the board of directors they are completely correct and have no reason to be denied approval. To make a post such as this is an insult to all of their hard work.

MarkTK36thIL
09-27-2016, 10:38 AM
Bobby,
I agree with you. I think John once told me he gets several thousand emails a month about guns, let alone all the facebook messages as well. He stayed in close contact with my builder, so when all was said an done, four HF modified m1841s were build per the spec sheet. Hopefully, the next step is just walking up with them to the SAC, providing them with their own printed spec sheet, and getting the card.

Looking forward to the T-match big time.

Eggman
09-27-2016, 10:38 AM
I was afraid of that. It's a JOKE JOKE JOKE. Signing off.

John Holland
09-27-2016, 11:33 AM
I consider Eggman a friend, whether he likes it or not! And, I understand his convoluted sense of humor. Therefore there is no offence taken on my part. I thank those who jumped in immediately in support of the Small Arms Committee, and all the dedicated work they do on a volunteer basis for the N-SSA.

Eggman is like the kid we all knew growing up who just cant resist poking things with a stick to see what happens. Sometimes he pokes a Hornets nest, and yes he's been stung more than once!

John

MarkTK36thIL
09-27-2016, 12:00 PM
No worries in either case, and I read into it waaaay too much. Eggman and I disagree immensely when it comes to forging/defarbing weapons. :eek:

I'm sure John is happy that he's working closely with the builders, and thereby saving some headaches down the road!

John Holland
09-27-2016, 06:02 PM
You are absolutely right Mark. The last thing I ever want to have to do is tell someone they made an expensive, un-approvable, mistake by not checking ahead of time. It is unpleasant for both of us.

Bruce Cobb 1723V
09-28-2016, 10:28 AM
I think he was talking about the brand new commercial production approvals, not the other hundreds done by him this year as individual approvals. There is so much more going on in the SAC. Hundreds of hours donated to the N-ssa and no one is being paid, not even John.

efritz
09-28-2016, 10:42 AM
OH!!!! I thought I heard they doubled his salary from $0 to $00. LOL.

Jud96
10-11-2016, 03:51 PM
While we are on the topic of new approved arms, can anyone tell me about the Merrill Carbine reproduction that was approved? Who is selling them and where can I go to take a look at one? Thanks

Carolina Reb
10-11-2016, 05:33 PM
Bill McCarthy makes the Merrill carbine and rifle. Hopefully he will chime in here. They are absolutely first class. My original carbine shoots great, but his shoots better, based on targets we've passed back and forth. It's an excellent skirmish carbine. Since we don't carry them around on horseback, we don't have the problems they experienced during the war.

ms3635v
10-12-2016, 08:53 AM
I have seen Bill and his Merrill in action in MA Region shoots; it shoots very well. The Merrill is superbly built and the quality is astounding. As a member of the Small Arms Committee I have had the chance to hold the Merrill and the machining and stock work is absolutely of the highest quality. My hat is off to Bill for his dedication to getting it right.

Joe Plakis, 9575V
10-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Not to mention he has shot the thing a ton and his gas seal has not even begun to leak!