PDA

View Full Version : I am a disabled U.S. Marine and I fell in love with Skirmishing...

jbusmc84
09-20-2016, 05:06 PM
I am an Old disabled U.S. Marine and I fell in love with Skirmishing! I am limited on funds... I just joined the N-SSA and I was accepted into the 3rd NC Cavalry. I have a great group of people that are helping me! I need a Rifle that fits me. I have found that a drop-stock design, like the Springfield, C.S. Richmond, J.P. Murray, Shiloh Sharps, etc.. all fit me. However, it is hard to fit my wallet. Any of you that are able to lend advice, have old gear for sale, etc... I am willing to buy the uniforms and gear that I need. I have some unique skills... I can barter and trade, if y'all can put me on the right path, I'd appreciate any help you can lend. Best Regards and God Bless you. Sincerely, Johnny Ray Bastin, Jr. USMC, DAV. 32nd deg. Scottish Rites Master Mason and Shriner.

george7542
09-20-2016, 06:51 PM
What all gear are you looking for?

Michael Bodner
09-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Mr. Bastin,

Have you discussed any of your needs with your new teammates? Your teammates should have plenty of 'spare' material to lend you while you accumulate your own. This allows you to learn what works best before spending your $$.

If they don't have anything to lend or are unwilling, then (dare I say it) you may need to find a different team that will help you...

-Mike

RaiderANV
09-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Second what Mr. Bodner is saying. I'm currently sponsoring two and helping a third new member by loaning gun, gear, lead , molds.......well you get the picture plus available whenever they have a question.

And YES.........they get to use a Maynard in carbine matches. 😁

bilge water bob
09-22-2016, 08:03 AM
I have a US cartridge box with sling you can have if that helps, just sent me your address and I'll send it to you.
Bob

jbusmc84
09-22-2016, 06:43 PM
I am sorry that you are disabled! I was in a Helicopter crash in April 1986. We slammed into the side of a mountain, in a desert. I was being trained as a forward air observer, while serving in the Marine Corps. After 3 surgeries and years of physical therapy, I am physically capable to do most things, so I am ok. God kept me alive for a reason! I hope to make a positive impact on as many people as possible for as long as God will let me.

Best regards,

Johnny Ray

---------WE ALL ARE DISABLED --------

21 September 2016

Johnny Ray ---

I have one other comment to pass along. That is, we as people (humans) are all disabled whether we choose to recognize that fact or not. None of us are perfect, no not one. We all are flawed in one way or another, just some more so than others. The aging process does in fact bring additional defects upon us, and we all are aging each day that we live.

So join the club and face reality which is "we are all disabled" people.

Regards,

Webb

jbusmc84
09-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Brother, I appreciate your message! My team members are going way out of their way to help me!! I am the kind of guy that likes to do for myself. I am not use to having people be so nice! The 3rd NC Cavalry is an incredible family and I am thankful to be a part of this organization.

Best regards,

Johnny Ray

Mr. Bastin,

Have you discussed any of your needs with your new teammates? Your teammates should have plenty of 'spare' material to lend you while you accumulate your own. This allows you to learn what works best before spending your $$.

If they don't have anything to lend or are unwilling, then (dare I say it) you may need to find a different team that will help you...

-Mike

jbusmc84
09-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Bob, you are awesome! my friends in the 3rd herd are lending me guns and equipping me with leather, for Capron and the Nationals. We are a Confederate unit. I wouldn't want these guys to whoop me...LOL Look me up at nationals, I'll buy you a lemonade and we'll visit.

Best regards,

Johnny Ray

QUOTE=bilge water bob;57053]I have a US cartridge box with sling you can have if that helps, just sent me your address and I'll send it to you.
Bob[/QUOTE]

geezmo
09-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Brother JR,

I've got a black leather carbine cartridge box and cap box that you're welcome to if you're interested. PM me your address and I'll mail them out to you. Glad to hear you're doing well. Thanks so much for your service.

Barry S.

Muley Gil
09-23-2016, 05:30 AM
"I have a US cartridge box with sling you can have if that helps, just sent me your address and I'll send it to you."

"We are a Confederate unit. I wouldn't want these guys to whoop me...LOL

Don't ferget the US Army was considered a main supplier of gear for us Confederates! One Yankee general was known as "Commissary" Banks :D

Rob FreemanWBR
09-23-2016, 06:26 AM
---------WE ALL ARE DISABLED --------

21 September 2016

Johnny Ray ---

I have one other comment to pass along. That is, we as people (humans) are all disabled whether we choose to recognize that fact or not. None of us are perfect, no not one. We all are flawed in one way or another, just some more so than others. The aging process does in fact bring additional defects upon us, and we all are aging each day that we live.

So join the club and face reality which is "we are all disabled" people.

Regards,

Webb

Brother Webb - speak for yourself, and don't take offense to his response - you are MORE than entitled to your opinion. But a disabled Marine is a non sequitur... No Marine is disabled - they're just, and will always be a Marine - period. We don't pigeon hole ourselves: earning the tile, packing our gear and serving our beloved Corps is enough and makes us all equals. Yes there are subtle variances, but that is something for Marines to distinguish and address "in house".

As for the rest of society, I'm personally not in favor of discounting the entire human race wholesale. Nor for folks to rely upon an emotional "crutch".

My two cents, now I gotta get back to the salt mines. I have absolutely no desire to engage in exchange on this matter any further, as such I will provide no additional amplification or response(s).

SEMPER FIDELIS. Right face, forward march!

Rob FreemanWBR
09-23-2016, 06:31 AM
Johnny,

Welcome aboard brother! You'll find a number of Leathernecks sprinkled through the N-SSA - no surprise as the type of "knife and gun club" that we are.

I hope to make your acquaintance in the near future and we can swap some "sea stories".

As with the Corps, you're never in a vacuum in the N-SSA. If you need help, sing out and someone will respond.

Safe travels!

jbusmc84
09-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Rob, I appreciate your message! Thank you for spending the time to address my post. I would be glad to get together with you at Nationals. I spent a lot of time at sea, so I got some stories to swap...LOL Respectfully, Johnny Ray

Johnny,

Welcome aboard brother! You'll find a number of Leathernecks sprinkled through the N-SSA - no surprise as the type of "knife and gun club" that we are.

I hope to make your acquaintance in the near future and we can swap some "sea stories".

As with the Corps, you're never in a vacuum in the N-SSA. If you need help, sing out and someone will respond.

Safe travels!

jbusmc84
09-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Brotther Gil, I received your message. I am overwhelmed at the support, everyone is offering! My name is Johnny Ray Bastin, Jr my address is : 267 Hardesty Cemetery Rd Newport, NC. 28570. I will be at Nationals Oct. 6, 2016. I got my N-SSA card and I joined the 3rd NC Cavalry Co. K. They are in area 6??? I will be camping there all weekend. Drop by and let me shake your hand. Best regards, Johnny Ray PS: my cell # 252-342-0666. Best regards...

"I have a US cartridge box with sling you can have if that helps, just sent me your address and I'll send it to you."

"We are a Confederate unit. I wouldn't want these guys to whoop me...LOL

Don't ferget the US Army was considered a main supplier of gear for us Confederates! One Yankee general was known as "Commissary" Banks :D

jbusmc84
09-30-2016, 06:02 PM
I had the pleasure of joining the N-SSA and the 3rd NC Cavalry Co. K. I posted a message to reach out and ask for help... Something I am not use to doing, but anyway....

I am humble and thankful..... Humble in the sense, I know that I am limited by a couple of human factors.

I am Thankful, to God and my family for the life and support they give me! I have had experiences that would lift people up and bless their socks off! I have had

experiences that would cause others to question their faith, their resolve and their desire to keep tolerating the pain and suffering that life exposed me to.

At any rate, I appreciate my position in the," grand scheme of things!"

I have come to the conclusion that 51 years of living has tempered me to...

Yes, I am a United States Marine! A title that less than 1/10th of 1% of all military service members have ever been able to achieve.. By that measure, I am set apart by

the precept of other service men and women as being one of the "few and the proud." By the civilian population in the United States of America, some respect that, some

don't, SO WHAT?

By the measure of being a MAN, I am free born, of lawful age and properly vouched for... As a husband, I have had ONE woman for 29 years! I have been a father to our

children. I have worked for 39 yrs and paid taxes, tithes, offerings, etc... To some I am held to high regard, to others, SO WHAT???

I am currently serving our country and our military as a civilian in support of our, "War Fighting efforts!" to some , that's honorable, to some, SO WHAT...

As for my self, I see myself as HUMBLE and THANKFUL... To those that understand my resolve, thank you!

To those that say, "SO WHAT..."

I have spent a great deal of my life serving, so that you can have that opinion. I love you and I respect your freedom of expression!

If I ever lost that love for you, I would not be humble... I would not be thankful! I would not be Johnny Ray...

I would be like you... So WHAT???

In God's name, I pray for you, your family, your freedom, your health, your life and happiness.

Humbly and thankfully yours,

Johnny Ray