PDA

View Full Version : Special 2 band musket

Walt Magee
11-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Recently a friend showed me a 2 band LG&Y. I was of the understanding that this gun never existed. Therefore it couldn't be used to skirmish.
I was told, right or wrong, that Bannerman cut the 3 banders down and sold them as hunting Muskets. Can anyone verify or dispute these facts?
Walt Magee

Jim Brake 3587
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I can only tell you that 100's are being shot in the N-SSA at the persent time. When the Colt repo was introduced at the Nationals several years ago they offered 2 & 3 band models for sale. The locks were junk on the repos and I personally changed a dozen or more to the LG&Y original locks. We got cards on them and most are still shooting them.
I think they were introduced by Chattahootchie Arms or something like that ....I don't remember................Jim Brake

Jim Brake 3587
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Walt, I checked further and found that we have specs. on 2 models that are approved to shoot or build. They are identical except one has a 32" barrel and one has a 33" barrel. They Colt ; LG&Y ; or Amoskeg

RaiderANV
11-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Walt,
While the North didn't make any we shor' cut ah lott-ah dem down that were damaged so we could turn them back North ah-gan. :wink:

Fer this reason I think these should only be ah-loud in da hands ah fine Southron Units! Green

J Weber 4114V
11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Look in the approved firearms list and any 2 band rifled musket listed with
"as altered to artillery rifle" is a post war conversion.
There were so many converted by Bannerman and others for military schools,and then sold to persons going west.etc.Fuller in his book has one Springfield record that says they made two [2]from 1861's
Anyway so many nice ones were around in the 50's and cheep that they were grandfathered in as approved weapons.
Many of the post war Fladerman shotgun conversions they even made repo trigger bow assy and because they were removed to be used in early trapdoors.That was back when the .Gov was frugal