PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice used Springfield Musket

glenhunter
09-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Looking for a really nice Springfield musket. If anyone has one they want to sell, I'm your guy!
Thanks.

Steve

Rob FreemanWBR
09-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Will you be at the Fall Potomac or National?

If so, I have a VERY nice 3 band Springfield that would be perfect for any serious competitor wanting a quality piece that won't disappoint (you'll still have to practice however!).

PM or email and I can provide details; OR if coming out this fall call my cell & you can look her over first hand.

Cell: 703-851-7226

Charlie Hahn
09-09-2016, 09:07 PM
I have a 1863 with Hoyt barrel with original sights that will fit a bayonet. It is solder bright. The gun is as it would have come from the arsenal and then polished. $1400.

Charlie Hahn

jonk
09-14-2016, 01:27 AM
I have an Armi Sport 61 that has been an ongoing project. The good:
-Trigger job is done
-Shoots pretty well.
-The price is right.

The bad:
-I glass bedded it but never really finished the job; there's a little bedding material that oozed out on the barrel that could be sanded off.
-The bore has some light frosting to it. Was a re-enactor's gun. Doesn't cause any issue if you lube the bases of the bullets, but fouls up if you don't.
-I run a .581 bullet in it, and that's just about right. So the bore is a little generous.

Gun shoots reasonably well (not a Hoyt barrel or nothing, just a stock barrel) but with the negative side of things, I'd take $375 face to face at nationals.

Guess it just depends on your budget and what you're looking for.