PDA

View Full Version : Information on the defensive fortifications around washington, d. C. ?

C.W. Artillery
09-07-2016, 07:29 AM
---- SEEKING INFO ON THE PLACEMENT OF FORTIFICATION AROUND WASHINGTON, D. C. CIRCA 1860-65 ----

07 September 2016

There were a number of military defensive land fortifications constructed at the beginning of the American Civil War for the defense of the city of Washington, D.C. Has any one had the time and/or interest to become involved in studying that topic in any detail and may be interested in sharing such information with a like minded historian ?

I am familiar with the details of 75 per-cent of the physical locations of said fortification. However, what I would really like to get a handle on is the various artillery pieces which were placed for defensive purposes.

In exchange for your assistance, I will gladly share documents from the Washington, D. C. Historical Society on this topic.

Webb Brown
First Maine Heavy Artillery (Retired

.)

C.W. Artillery
09-07-2016, 11:06 AM
----- Civil War Defenses of Washington, D. C. ---

07 September 2016

A good starting point for anyone interested in the subject matter might be to be in touch with The Alliance to Preserve the Civil War Defenses of Washington .

Their web address is; < www.dccivilwarforts.org (http://www.dccivilwarforts.org) >

Webb Brown
First Maine Heavy Artillery (Retired​)