PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Muskets for Sale

Grayrock Volunteer
07-10-2016, 11:25 AM
I've got the following muskets for sale. Prices include shipping to lower 48. PM or email me for images.

1) M1816/55 Remington-Maynard altered musket - SOLD

2) Ward altered Asa Waters contract M1816 type II. Deep chocolate patina on all parts. Looks to have been stored in a basement for some time as the buttplate is very rusty and pitted and the butt of the gun has some cracks. There are also scattered bruises and scraped to the rest of the stock including one large and fairly deep gouge that is considerably more recent that the other damage. The hammer is a period replacement M1842 type hammer, which is not uncommon on Ward altered muskets. The tang screw is missing. The musket does however retain the original flip-up rear sight and distinctive cone-shaped front sight. - $1,150

3) Piedmontese M1844/60 rifle musket - SOLD

4) "Brazilian Light Minie Rifle". Basically a Belgian copy of the British P1856/58/60 short rifle family of arms with influence from French rifles by way of the rear sight, bayonet lug, and barrel bands. This one is above average with a good bore, although the rifling is worn. It retains the original French style ladder rear sight. The typical brass eagle plaque that is present on the wrists of these guns is missing on this one, although three screw holes and the outline of one does remain. The only other damage worth noting is that the guide on the bayonet lug was damaged during the period of use and subsequently had about an inch removed from the muzzle back. It does not impede that attachment of the saber bayonet. A correct saber bayonet is also included, although does not belong to this gun (they are serialized). The fit of the bayonet is slightly imperfect, which prevents the spring locking lug from closing. - $1,200

Drop me a line with any questions. I'm also open to the possibility of trades for other original arms, specifically percussion altered US Muskets, CS arms, and European imports.

Thank you,
Garrett Glover
garrett_glover@rocketmail.com

John Holland
07-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Hello Garrett, and welcome to the N-SSA's bulletin board! You and I have had some very pleasant and interesting discourse in the past, and I hope you will find this venue to your liking. Good luck with the assortment of arms you have offered here!

Grayrock Volunteer
07-15-2016, 01:29 PM
Post edited. Piedmontese M1844/60 is sold pending receipt of funds.

Thank you,
Garrett Glover

Grayrock Volunteer
07-21-2016, 12:04 AM
Post updated.

Thanks,
Garrett Glover

WCJ
07-24-2016, 10:03 AM
It was a pleasure doing business with you. Quick shipping and the items as described.

Thanks,
Walter

Grayrock Volunteer
08-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Remington-Maynard is sold. Let's make a deal on the final two!

Thanks,
Garrett