PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Sharps pellet primer parts

Dan Mastin
06-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Over the winter I picked up a neglected Garrett Sharps carbine. The rust is mostly cleaned off and I had the Hahn breach block modification done. I am missing a couple of parts to the pellet primer. I'm looking for a pellet primer cover, a pellet primer cover spring, and the screw that holds them together. I have no interest in the primer device actually working but with these parts missing the recess will attract fouling making cleanup more difficult and the gun will simply look better with them. Anyone have the Garrett parts or original parts they want to part with? Original parts will work, i checked, using these parts off of my original Carbine.

please respond to:

zouave47@aol.com

Thanks

Dan Mastin
2829V
11th Indiana (on temporary loan to the 2nd VA)

BADSHOT
06-13-2016, 03:42 PM
The spring and screw are on e-bay, I could not find a cover.

Ron/The Old Reb
06-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Just put a little duck or black electricians tape over it, that will keep the fouling out.
When I was skirmishing with my Garret I removed it because the grud would get in it and it was a pain in the A** to clean.

BADSHOT
06-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Update- I just found an original cover on the Regimental Quartermaster's website.

Dan Mastin
06-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Badshot

I'm tech challenged. Where on ebay?

Dan

Over the winter I picked up a neglected Garrett Sharps carbine. The rust is mostly cleaned off and I had the Hahn breach block modification done. I am missing a couple of parts to the pellet primer. I'm looking for a pellet primer cover, a pellet primer cover spring, and the screw that holds them together. I have no interest in the primer device actually working but with these parts missing the recess will attract fouling making cleanup more difficult and the gun will simply look better with them. Anyone have the Garrett parts or original parts they want to part with? Original parts will work, i checked, using these parts off of my original Carbine.

please respond to:

zouave47@aol.com

Thanks

Dan Mastin
2829V
11th Indiana (on temporary loan to the 2nd VA)

BADSHOT
06-13-2016, 06:41 PM
Badshot

I'm tech challenged. Where on ebay?

Dan
Just type in Sharps carbine-