PDA

View Full Version : 1861 Armisport for sale

jonk
05-15-2016, 11:49 PM
I have an 1861 Armisport 3 band Springfield I picked up some time ago. It was a re-enactor's gun, had a drilled out nipple, some light frosting in the bore. As I have a Fayetteville repro and an Enfield Repro that both shoot gangbusters, it's not something in particular that I need.

It's a mixed bag, a work in progress that I never quite finished. I did a trigger job on it, glass bedded it, and drilled the existing sight for a peep. I also mounted (kind of badly) a taller front blade sight.

Bore measures .583. I size to .582. It shoots ok, nothing superb, but it could certainly stand some load development work. The bedding job is 'meh.' It's full length bedded, but I didn't clean up the excess too well, and it has a few spots where it oozed over. Honestly I think if I kept it, I'd have it relined or just get a new barrel, and keep the existing breech. Exterior has some spots of discoloration from light rust, but no pits. Included is a repro brass ramrod that isn't QUITE a snug fit in the channel. It was missing the steel rod when I got it.

It's certainly a gun that you could pick up and shoot tomorrow, but to get medal scores, you'd have to work with loads and/or do some more work with it.

I'm asking $350, OBO. Included is the ramrod; I'll toss in a lightly used soft case for another $30, ten dollars under what I paid for it. I can take pics if anyone is interested. I'll bring to the fort if anyone wants to view it Would make a good starter gun or parts gun, or basis for a project. If no one bites, I won't bring it.

2kycav
05-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Please if you don't care, bring it.....Nixon has someone looking for a 3 band......we will be at the fort on Wednesday.....thanks brother.....

jonk
05-16-2016, 01:07 PM
I'll bring it then. I'll be down sometime Thursday morning and will immediately go to shoot individuals (leaving Cleveland around 6am) but will be there the rest of the weekend. Cell is 216 333 3049 if you want to give me a shout before you come over and make sure I'm in the camp site.

2kycav
05-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Gotcha.....thanks much!