PDA

View Full Version : Carbine lead $1.25/lb for sale at Nationals

Jim Barber
05-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Posting this for my brother cause he's a slacker.

Have a bunch of nice, slightly-too-hard-for-Minies lead for sale at Nationals. They're lead bricks of various sizes weighing between 10 and 25 lbs apiece. Came from some kind of science lab at OSU. We'll bring a scale to ensure accurate weights. $1.25/lb.

Let me know how much you'd like & we'll haul it on down. We're limited to maybe 400 or 500# before the truck bottoms out. Email works best: jimmyangst(at)gmail.com but I'll try and keep my PMs cleaned up and monitored if you'd rather zap me a PM.

EDIT: forgot to mention, this lead is borderline soft-- it passed the "squeeze test" when we cast a minie: with great effort, I was able to squeeze the base oval with one hand. If I wouldn't hear a bunch of scorn from wiser teammates than I, I'd probably keep it and mix it 50/50 with pure lead and use it in my Springfield. As is, it threw a few keyholes.

We'll be at the Fort from Weds. morning on.

Cheers!
Jim Barber
110th OVI
Grove City, OH

Jim Barber
05-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Last call. We have room for a couple hundred pounds before the Nissan collapses. It's working great in my Smith, but was too hard to use for Minies.

The lead is in bricks (not ingots) that vary in weight but are around 20 lbs. I have a scale to ensure accurate measurement. Drop me a line here or email: jimmyangst(at)gmail.com if you'd like to reserve some. We'll be around from Weds. morning on. And by "we," I mean me and my slacker brother, who actually owns the lead. He's gonna owe me a beer for all this salesmanship. Slacker.

Cheers!

Jim Barber
110th OVI
Grove City OH