PDA

View Full Version : Flash Cups For Armisports

hobbler
05-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Anyone know, who supplies flash cups that fit the .577 Armisport P53?

For the rifled 1847 .69?

hobbler
05-12-2016, 07:00 AM
Nobody using flash cups on the minie machines?

I read about the British using them and hoped some were available.
For me it is particularly desirable being a left dominant eye shooter... getting powder tattoos on the right arm does get old. :p

Jim_Burgess_2078V
05-12-2016, 01:21 PM
I've never seen anyone using flash cups with their muskets as long as I've been skirmishing (43 years). I shoot left handed with my right hand just in front of the trigger guard which puts it directly under the bolster. I do not wear a glove when shooting musket. My right thumb usually gets black from the flash but that's no big problem. If you are concerned about your right arm feeling the effects, wear long sleeves.

Jim Burgess
15th CVI

hobbler
05-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Heh, thanks for the habadashery advice any way! :D

The commercially available cups really do not appear to be of workable dimensions. In the seventies I fashioned flash cups for percussion rifles from thin brass and mucho solder. That way the thickness of the material (that causes the nipple to ride higher and the thread engagement to be lessened) was very little. After having a nipple blow out on a long rifle I started paying some attention to that!
Making my own is probably the best way to go for muskets as well.

gmkmd
05-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Track of the Wolf carries a selection of Flash Cups:

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/805/1

Jack C., 69th NY
05-16-2016, 07:03 AM
I believe S&S has flash cups that fit muskets. Call @ 718-497-1100 to see if they are bringing to Nationals. Or just stop by their booth at the Nationals.