PDA

View Full Version : Uberti 1851 Colt Revolver

mdivancic
10-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Does anyone know why the Uberti 1851 Colt Revolver is NOT on the approved arms list? I'm just wondering what disqualifies it?

John Holland
10-14-2009, 12:22 PM
That's easy....it's not disqualified.....no one ever submitted it for production approval ! ! !

You can get an individual approval from the Small arms Committee for said arm.

The Small Arms Committee is working on a program to correct those omissions. But, patience is requested.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

mdivancic
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
That's easy....it's not disqualified.....no one ever submitted it for production approval ! ! !

You can get an individual approval from the Small arms Committee for said arm.

The Small Arms Committee is working on a program to correct those omissions. But, patience is requested.

John Holland

Thanks John! I was wondering how that worked. What do I do about regional shoots?

John Holland
10-15-2009, 09:44 AM
There are Small Arms Inspectors in nearly every Region of the N-SSA. They are listed in the "Information"section off the N-SSA's main page. The Small Arms Committee Inspectors in the Carolina Region are Kenneth Orr, and Lee Hoffecker. They can inspect your revolver on a regional level and issue you a temporary approval. They then send me the inspection sheet which I review and if all is in order I will issue you the permanent Small Arms Individual Approval Card.

All small arms inspections are expected to be done at the regional level. The SAC inspections at the Nationals are a courtesy only, for those who may have had complications, or have recently acquired an arm that requires a SAC card.

John Holland

Lee Hoffecker
10-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Mike,
I will be at the Carolina home comming Skirmish at Statesville, Nov. 6-8 and will be glad to look at you Colt 1851. However, if it has a brass frame it may not meet certification requirements. I will have to check and let you know.
Lee Hoffecker

mdivancic
10-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Mike,
I will be at the Carolina home comming Skirmish at Statesville, Nov. 6-8 and will be glad to look at you Colt 1851. However, if it has a brass frame it may not meet certification requirements. I will have to check and let you know.
Lee Hoffecker

Lee:

It's the steel frame version. I'll look you up in November. Thanks!

John Holland
10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I'll see to it that Lee gets all the necessary information to work with.

And, thank you Lee, for stepping up to take care of Mike and the Carolina Region.

JDH
SAC

mdivancic
10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks guys!