PDA

View Full Version : The price of caps

wolf57
10-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I don't quite know what is going on with the price of caps these days. The price of copper has nothing to do with the doubling of their cost. Weigh a box of caps and do the math. IF the price of copper doubled it might add maybe $2.00. I have heard folks blame the Chinese because of their hording metals. Caps cost about twice what a .22 long rifle costs at Walmart. Anyone got a good idea as to this rip off.
Bert, 1st. Reg. Eng

RaiderANV
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Anyone got ah lil financial backing and we'll get the chinese to start making them on the cheap. Not like they don't know anytrhing about arms or pyrotechnical items.

The dollar exchange rate isn't exactly help much either

bilge water bob
10-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I've been getting them for $3.00 a can,but I know "a guy". couple guys on gunbroker have them for $4.50 and up. Just gotta look around a little.

DAVE FRANCE
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
COMPANIES THAT MAKE CAPS PROBABLY ALL MAKE PRIMERS. WITH RELATIVELY HIGH DEMAND FROM THE MILITARY, AND THE HIGH PRICE THEY CAN SELL ALL THEIR PRIMERS FOR, PERCUSSION CAPS ARE PROBABLY AN UNPROFITABLE SIDE LINE.

WHEN THE DEMAND FOR CAPS AND PRIMERS GOES DOWN, THE PRICE FOR CAPS WILL HOPEFULLY GO DOWN.

DAVID

paul w/McGregor's 385V
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Dave,
Turn the caps lock off.

Skirmishers, guests, lurkers, visitors, et al,

Two items have driven the price of caps up. Copper is not one of them.

Restrictions on shipping have increased due to DHS and to the new regulations recently passed that put the Department of State in the loop for regulation of firearms related manufacturing. A side step attempt around US Law to bring us in line with a UN Resolution concerning firearms export.

Take care and be safe
pfb

hobbler
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
There are two basic factors at play. Number one is that your currency is no good and it's getting worse, being destroyed by monetization and the wholesale looting of our economy. Number two, hand in hand with number one, is that commodities are flowing to the other side of the world. That makes materials and manufacturing relatively more expensive on this side. So, want caps next year? Buy'em now.

DAVE FRANCE
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry about the all caps. I know better!

All the responses about caps are discouraging. Pray that things work out better than we expect.

David