PDA

View Full Version : WTB Colt 1860 Loading lever, wedge, and screws

RobertS
03-16-2016, 10:04 AM
I've dabbled on this forum for several years, and am a civil war history buff, and my interest has affected (maybe infected) my three boys, as I've dragged them to re-enactments and all kinds of events over the years. We have several repro black powder revolvers that we shoot, so we know our way around one. My oldest recently went out of town with a friend, and brought home an original Colt 1860 army that he bought at a gun show and actually got a bargain I think. I guess the acorn didn't fall too far from the tree. It is missing the loading lever assembly, wedge, wedge screw, and the two large headed screws that are used to mount the shoulder stock. The gun itself is not that good and not that bad, considering it's age (1862) and mileage, and if I can locate original parts without spending more than the final product is worth, that would be my preference, but I'm not above using repro parts if I need to, especially if I can find some that are pitted appropriately to match the other parts of the gun. I know that Dixie has what I need in new parts, but I thought I'd check here first. If anyone has these sort of parts, I am sure to find them here. My email is rsimpson AT uu DOT edu (you'll have to substitute appropriately) and I appreciate your time and assistance.

Carolina Reb
03-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Try www.coltparts.com. I have bought a lot of parts for originals from him and never a complaint. Occasionally parts from the third generation Colts will require a little fitting on originals. He has the parts you need listed on the website. Good luck with your restoration.