PDA

View Full Version : Reason to Miss #10,344

Eggman
03-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Well musket cases today I found a new way to screw up. I was pouring out charges from a flask and the flask stopped pouring. Shaking did no good. I finally tapped it good on the counter and our popped one of those asian lady bugs - she was blocking the nozzle. Luckily I was pouring into a measure and not directly into the case so I eyeballed the stoppage. Very fortunate.

On the same topic, I found a cure for Reason to Miss #2,192. This is the one where in throwing the powder charge down the barrel you throw half on the ground. At Brierfield I overcame this handicap by aiming a pigeon number three and hitting number four below it.

RaiderANV
03-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Wait, I'm lost here......what happened to excuse #10,343???

jonk
03-05-2016, 12:45 PM
A ladybug up the spout is a new one on me.

I have poured in a squib charge already, knew I spilled powder, and aimed at a higher pigeon and hit a lower one. Another time I did so drastically (poured about 15 grains in, and 30 on the ground) aimed at my sighter target, and cut a perfect X in the scoring target. Shhhh....

Eggman
03-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Wait, I'm lost here......what happened to excuse #10,343???

As I understand it that one is still before the N-SSA Lame Excuse Committee. Someting to do with the glare from Dave Jackson's hat bling.

Ron/The Old Reb
03-06-2016, 10:30 AM
"I finally tapped it good on the counter and our popped one of those asian lady bugs"

Sounds like a case of animal cruelty to me. Using a Ladybug for a stopper.