PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ballard Rifles For Sale

Jack C., 69th NY
03-05-2016, 08:18 AM
1. Ball & Williams 3 band rifle. Excellent original bore, chambered in .45 Long Colt. Center fire conversion by Richard Schoenberger. Original butt stock with forearm extended from bottom band. Partially visible Kentucky marking on top of receiver. New high front sight by Nick Brevoort. New 2 leaf rear sight by Rich Cross. SAC card. SOLD

2. Brown Manufacturing Co. 3 band rifle. Relined with a .454 TJ's liner. Chambered in .45 Long Colt. Center fire conversion by Richard Schoenberger. New forearm and butt stock. New Swivels. Original bands. New high front sight by Nick Brevoort. New sliding rear sight by Rich Cross. Brown markings on receiver are partially visible. SAC card. SOLD

These two Ballard rifles are skirmish ready. It will be up to the individual skirmisher adjust the sights and to work up their optimum load. Both shoot well with a RCBS 45-250 with 25 grains of ff Swiss.

I prefer to show to potential buyers, face to face, in person. I can take them to the April 22 to 24 skirmish at Springtown, PA or to the Nationals in May.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note, block with hammer with rimfire firing pin is the Ball & Williams. No firing pin on hammer is the Brown.

marv762
03-07-2016, 10:32 AM
can you send or post a picture of the conversion please? thanks Marv

Jack C., 69th NY
03-12-2016, 01:27 PM
I can make arrangements to bring these to the Baltimore Antique Gunshow next weekend. Late Friday or Saturday all day.

Jack C., 69th NY
03-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I lowered the price on both these rifles, possibly generating more interest in them. They are now priced at about what I have into them. Anyone who attended the Baltimore Show last weekend will agree that the price of unconverted Ballard three band military rifles have steadily risen over the years. At Baltimore, they ranged from $1350. to $2695. If you are thinking about a Ballard rifle, these two merit your consideration. All the work has been done, SAC cards for both. It could not be any easier. You can PM me.

Jack C., 69th NY
04-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Bump back to top.

Both Ballards are now sold