PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding uniform

Margo Weathers
03-04-2016, 04:14 AM
I've had a terrible time finding a uniform and have had some bad experiences with vendors. I've wasted money on return postage, wasted a lot of gas and time, etc., trying to obtain a team uniform. I'm a petite woman and need a uniform that is acceptable for national matches. The rules state we must wear the team uniform at certain matches but the uniforms that my team mates wear were made years ago and I've tried to have one made with no success. There's another lady on my team who is even more petite than I am and she hasn't been able to get a uniform either.

Do you know of a seamstress who can make uniforms for us? Both myself and the other lady on my team cannot wear a standard "off the rack" size uniform. I'm about the size of a fifth grader and she's about the size of a third grader.

If we continue to not be able to have a team uniform made- can us ladies wear other clothing to shoot and do cannon as long as it's civil war period or pre civil war? Some say yes we can, and others say no we can't because for nationals you must wear the team uniform. Can you please clarify?

John Robey
03-04-2016, 09:19 AM
For all official skirmishes (regional and national) the uniform of one's member organization must be worn. Dresses of the period are not acceptable. All skirmishes at Fort Shenandoah are official skirmishes. Some vendors produce kids' uniforms. Also, contact the Quartermaster Shop in Kimball, Michigan about custom-made uniforms.

JR

Maillemaker
03-04-2016, 09:52 AM
You might get in touch with Wendy Bailey:

https://www.facebook.com/wendy.arnstbailey?fref=ts

She has sewn Civil War clothing for me before and does great work.

Steve

Mike McDaniel
03-04-2016, 11:04 AM
If you're willing to spend the money, try www.richmonddepot.com (http://www.richmonddepot.com). Or Jarnagin. Or contact Mark Elton. All will do made-to-measure.

Lou Lou Lou
03-04-2016, 12:35 PM
I asked this on another thread, maybe by mistake. What exactly is this uniform that makes it so difficult to obtain?

Muley Gil
03-05-2016, 07:30 AM
I asked this on another thread, maybe by mistake. What exactly is this uniform that makes it so difficult to obtain?

She's having problems getting one made small enough.

Wish I had that problem! :D Omar the Tentmaker is busy this time of year.

Rob FreemanWBR
03-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Ditto Mike McDaniels - Margo, I hope you try Mark Elton.

He'll make anything, any size. His work is first rate, materials are superior and his costs are VERY reasonable for whatever your purchasing.

You won't be disappointed.

His home/business is in Baltimore, MD.