PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Help !

wormey
10-01-2009, 09:30 AM
I have a Maynard carbine with the nipple broken off. Who can i send this to and have a new nipple installed? Who`s the Maynard whiz out there?

RangerFrog
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
When I had the exact same problem, I sent it to John Bly of Stephens City, VA. He was able to fix it even though somebody else had "tried to fix it" before him (a strategy I highly discourage!!) He will be at the Fort this weekend, I would assume, so if you are coming to the Nationals, look for him there, otherwise you can probably contact him next week after the dust (or mud) settles.

Froggie

wormey
10-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I won`t be at the nationals, but I`ll try to contact him next week. Thanks for your help.

Scott Kurki, 12475
10-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I can only speak from my own experience. Larry Romano is first rate, not to say that others are not, but I have had Larry work on my Maynard and I am very happy.

RangerFrog
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I talked to John at the Nationals, and he says he will be glad to work on it, and like Scott, I have had real good luck with Larry as well. I just knew that the specific job in question is one I have had John do. I shoot a Romano Maynard and have gotten parts for a couple of other rifles from him as well, so you won't hear me saying negative things about his work. There are also a couple of others who might deserve mention here such as PJ Kelly and the Lodgewood Co., so the choices are not limited... it will depend on who wormey wants to contact first and who is convenient to him both in time and distance.

I have dealt with all of the above and respect their work. Let me know if you need contact information. BTW, when you get it working, Charlie Hahn has his new reduced capacity brass and aluminum cases in production now to feed it. He had samples in his shop on Sutlers' Row at the Nationals, and they look real good!

Regards,
RangerFrog