PDA

View Full Version : Who can bend a Ballard lever?

Jack C., 69th NY
02-06-2016, 09:57 PM
I am restoring a Marlin Ballard No. 0 rifle. These very first Marlins were made up from left over Brown Ballard parts. The lever on this rifle is missing but I have a longer Ball & Williams lever with the end broken off. If possible, I'd like someone with knowledge & experience to heat and bend the longer, broken lever to the proper Brown length. I can provide the proper size lever to use as a guide. If there is someone out there that might be able to help and do this for me, please let me know.

Thank you,
PM or your thoughts on this board.

Kevin Tinny
02-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Hello:

Suggest you CALL Larry Romano and leave a msg. He builds Ballards and can do whatever you want.

Regards,
Kevin Tinny

Eggman
02-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Maybe stepping out on a ledge here but are you sure you can't just bend it. Years ago I bought an original (case hardened) Spencer hammer and bent it in my vice for proper fit to fit my carbine. No heating or nothin.

Jack C., 69th NY
02-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe stepping out on a ledge here but are you sure you can't just bend it. Years ago I bought an original (case hardened) Spencer hammer and bent it in my vice for proper fit to fit my carbine. No heating or nothin.

Perhaps that could be possible but I do not know. I've seen more broken levers than bent one so I am thinking that they are too brittle to bend. Thank you for the thought.

Lou Lou Lou
02-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Uri Geller can bend that lever

R Filbert
02-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Dont try and bend with no heat nothing scares the childeren more than a man screaming like a woman when they hear that POP and you have two pieces!

Carolina Reb
02-18-2016, 06:22 PM
I'll second that! I have the front half of a Dwight Chapin Ballard lever that someone tried that with. Luckily, Bruce Cobb had another. I wouldn't count on that happening ever again!