PDA

View Full Version : New Member in need of lube sizer dies .515 and .575 WTB

46thDoug
12-30-2015, 09:25 PM
WTB lube sizer dies for .575 and .515. Any leads would be great, also have not purchased lube sizer yet but looking at RCBS and Lyman. Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doug

george7542
12-30-2015, 09:40 PM
ebay is where I got both my lyman 450 lubesizers and if no one has dies to part with you can get them from s&s firearms

jonk
12-30-2015, 11:20 PM
I will say this.

I have an RCBS Lubramatic I (no longer made) that I used for some years. Got a good deal on a Lubramatic II so upgraded, and the old unit sat until I got into skirmishing. Then it bacame my black powder lube dispenser.

I couldn't get the lube sizer dies to fit it. The design of the frame wouldn't allow such a fat bullet punch (the part of the die that rides up and down) to exit the bottom of the frame. This for musket size dies. It was ok for everything else as it sat. I don't know as other members have had this issue or not, but I suspect not. I know my buddy with a Lyman didn't have that issue, so...

That's probably what I'd recommend.

If anyone DOES have this issue, it was nothing that some emery paper glued to a dowel and chased into the offending hole for a half hour on a drill couldn't solve, or if you had a lathe that would be even easier... it only needed to be opened about 10/1000" to accomodate up to a .582" die.

46thDoug
12-31-2015, 09:53 PM
I have found dies at S&S Firearms and they had them in stock. I am still in search of a Lyman 450 or 4500. If anyone is trying to unload one please let me know. I am not looking to spend 200$ like I see some of the new ones are going for. Thanks

jonk
01-01-2016, 01:03 AM
Check out the cast boolit forum. Lots of guys there have extra lube sizers they may part with.

Rob FreemanWBR
01-01-2016, 06:43 AM
My apologies upfront if I failed to have a correct understanding of this thread and what is desired...

For "sizers" I recently purchased two (.577 & .578) from S&S in November. Reasonably priced, and I received them in VERY little time.

Note - these "sizers" are those designed for Lubrisizers. I am fortunate to have several - all RCBS, each set up/dedicated to a specific arm that I compete with.

As for these Lubrisizers, yes they're pricey. However, once they're all set up, they're a GREAT tool to have on your loading bench! All of mine have been acquired via Ebay where they can be purchased at a fraction of the cost.

Hope this isn't a clear a mud, esp. for any new members trying to get past the learning curve!