PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Cases, aluminum, other items at National

Charlie Hahn
09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
From an earlier post on aluminum Maynard case. I will have samples at the National. I finally got the form tools working correct. These are new style reduced cases and can be supplied in either brass or aluminum. The inside of the case is tapered to improve the internal burning of the propellant and to also accommodate compression loading. Basically a reduced case that works like a full capacity case and removes the wide shoulder that crushes powder. General charge uncompressed is 23 grains of 3f GOEX dropped in with no drop tube or other tamping. Cost for either brass or aluminum is $1.25 plus material. For custom orders I will produce varied headspace to match your carbine.

I will also have samples of my new compression bullet and will be taking orders for moulds. This is a two groove .578, 545-grain bullet that works well in guns that have 1:56 or faster twist rate. This bullet has combined features from several other designs. The cherry is done, pilot mould is complete, so delivery time in minimal. I will have a price estimate for single and multi-cavity moulds at the National. I have shot about 150 so far using the following guns, 1:72 arty (nothing special here) 1:60 three band (equal to developed round), 1:56 two band 55, and Richmond carbine, (both showed tighter group at 50 and 100 yards, and finally a three band progressive rifled barrel, (sub two inch 50 yards, four inch 100) All four used same powder charge with no optimization to date. What is note worthy, not one stray.

Sharps tubes as always with two new lengths, 1 inch and 1.25 added, prices posted at my booth, Ball Accuracy. Prices posted.

I will also have two HAHN Pistols. $450 each these are on Navy Arms 1858 frames. .457 ball size, and ready to go. I hope to have National Production Approval.

See you there

Charlie Hahn
[/b]