PDA

View Full Version : 34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry uniform

WitcherNighthawk
11-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Gents,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with information on uniforms and accouterments of the 34th? I have the book on the 34th by Scott Cole. It never elaborates or tell where uniforms were issued from. I would like to put together a good 34th impression for living histories. I have 3 ggg grandfathers who were in the 34th. I need some info or some direction. Pictures are also welcome. Please help me. Thank you for your time.

Justin Connor

Wayne Clark
11-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Justin,
Do you have access of the Offical Records? There is a description of a prisoner of the Bn. I too had a GG grandfather of the same unit. He was a member at times of Co's B and D. The description goes as this, get ready. He was said to be riding a bareback horse or mule with a seegrass rope for a bridle, bare footed, shirtless, a beegum hat, pigeon tailed coat, leather britches, with a leather shot bag tied around his neck. Sort of like the Richmond Depot I guess. There you have it. Sorry Bill.
W.Clark

John Holland
11-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Go to Face Book, look for N-SSA, Traditional Match, etc. You will find some posts by one Bill Adams, who is an undisputed authority on Withcher's Nighthawks. In fact, the N-SSA has a recreated 34th Witcher's Nighthawks, of which Bill Adams is an instrumental member. The N-SSA Unit is extremely authentic and also has members who have relatives who were also in the original Civil War Witcher's Nighthawks.

WitcherNighthawk
11-29-2015, 07:36 AM
I do not have access to the ORs. I do not do the facebook thing either. Would you by chance have an email address for Mr. Adams?

Justin Connor

Lou Lou Lou
11-29-2015, 08:43 AM
You may be able to PM him from this site

Muley Gil
11-29-2015, 10:22 AM
I do not have access to the ORs. I do not do the facebook thing either. Would you by chance have an email address for Mr. Adams?

Justin Connor

PM sent with Bill's e-mail. Are you interested in joining up? The 34th has members from NH to FL.

WitcherNighthawk
11-29-2015, 04:59 PM
Gil I sent you a PM

Justin Connor