PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Garrett Arms Sharps Carbine Project Gun

dbackfed
11-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Selling a project carbine that needs work: Garrett Sharps in the low #21x range.

The barrel has pitting in the inside and outside in some places. The lever doesn't stay up, and needs a thorough cleaning and repair work. This would be a great winter project to keep you out of your wife's hair and away from the annoying sister/brother-in-law.

The bad news is there is stuff wrong with it, and I couldn't tell you what to begin with. It can be fixed, but my gunsmith really didn't want to take on another project while he's got five 1841s to bring to SAC standard. If you want, I can get the list from him this weekend of what repairs are needed. I do know that this is more significant than just taking off a musket mainspring.

If you can't access the pictures, I'll email them if you send me a PM with your's.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzUFlHHUv3M-UFVwLVNHcDIxd2M&usp=sharing

$475 shipped to your door

dbackfed
11-29-2015, 11:55 PM
This comes from Novelty Ordnance :

"The Sharps was missing a number of parts for the pellet feed. The spring that tensioned the trigger guard/breech block mechanism was missing. That’s what I remember of the mechanics, these parts might come from ...Lodgewood ,S&S,or The Rifle Shop, or hit all the vintage gun shows. The gun's finish needs much work however it could be made to work and just leave the finish as is. I don’t recall the bore condition."

Dan Mastin
12-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Check your pm

Dan M

Dan Mastin
12-04-2015, 11:18 AM
back to the top

Claypipe
12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Isn't this gun sold? Or so, I saw on another board.

dbackfed
12-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Hello, it is sold pending funds. It was listed on CWReenactors just over a week ago.