PDA

View Full Version : Sharps Carbine disassembly and Cleaning

Michael Bodner
10-29-2015, 07:42 AM
Its all new to me....

How do I remove the block and clean/re-grease a Charlie Hahn modified Sharps Carbine?

Thanks in advance!!!

ian45662
10-29-2015, 07:55 AM
IF he did the full job the gas check plate will be part of the block now and shouldnt be removed from the block. To remove the block just drop the lever and pull the pun that the trigger guard pivots on. I would suggest not re greasing it and waiting to install a new "O" ring until you are ready to shoot. The sleeve should just pull out with your finger

Michael Bodner
10-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Good start. But how do I clean it AFTER shooting it?

Scott Kurki, 12475
10-29-2015, 11:25 AM
The following is a link to instructions on Charlie's web site:

http://hahnmachineworks.com/Files/BreechblockCare&Assembly.pdf

Michael Bodner
10-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Hot Dang, Scott!! that's just what I was needing..

Thanks!

Charlie Hahn
10-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Hi All,

Why not just call me? There are major differences of what I offer compared to the Crowther modification, as with Ott's there are several variants of his design as well as non-standard o-rings. I do not charge for phone calls and I can inspect the current condition of the gun you bought as a service.

Just a FYI, there is no forward sleeve to remove, I provide part number and a source for the o-ring as well as the grease.

I can also help with bullet selection and load data. If you want to use my cartridge system I can offer accumulated information as for how to assemble, and I share the benefit of all the screw ups I had figuring Ott's design out.

If you like here is my phone number

Charlie Hahn
410-208-4736

Eggman
10-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Usually at this point I suggest trading for a Maynard, but I'll refrain. I got to say though that this discussion reminds me of the guy I used to work with in Tennessee that owned a '65 Jaguar (pronounced jag-u-are in England; pronounced Jag-wire in Alabama). When it ran it was a real zoomie, but that was only about 15% of the time; the rest of the time he was working on it in his garage.

Michael Bodner
10-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Thanks Charlie!! I'll give you a call today/this evening. Much appreciated....

-Mike

norman horne, 12321
10-31-2015, 04:01 AM
Hey Bootsie. See me at Homecoming; I have a couple of 'tricks' on cleaning the Sharps.

Michael Bodner
11-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Will do! Thanks Norm...

BTW: I spoke with Charlie Hahn - One heck of a great guy. Charlie gave me lots of 'inside' information (which is on his web site, BTW) and was very patient and helpful in explaining how to maintain and use his modifications....

Customer service like that you can't put a price on.

Thanks again, Charlie!!

norman horne, 12321
11-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Didn't take long to figure out that Mr. Charlie has a fairly "Sharpe" mind, as well as being a super nice guy, huh?

Michael Bodner
11-03-2015, 06:46 AM
Groan.........