PDA

View Full Version : Muskets, Musketoons, and Clothing

Smokin' Joe
09-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Muskets for trade/sale:

Navy Arms Zouave $375 obo
Stock was stripped and a BLO/Turpentine/Beeswax mixture was applied. Good shooter, needs taller front sight. Good with Hodgdon/wad-cutter bullet. She had maybe 50 rounds through her before I got the rifle, along with a dog... I put 30 rounds through her, thus this gun has had under 100 rounds through her total! The original owner had the rifle since the late 70's/early 80's and done nothing to her besides strip the stock. She was bone dry when I got her but has cleaned up nice. Great for a starter or a shooter who wants to stand out with a pretty rifle!

Navy Arms Zoli Mississippi Rifle SOLD
It looks like she has had very few rounds put through her. Seemingly untouched! Should be a decent shooter and good candidate for defarbing. Metal is in great condition. Barrel is browned and lock plate and hammer etc. are blued or case hardened with little to no wear. Pretty much looks brand new.

Euroarms Enfield SOLD
Beautiful 3 band Enfield. Glass bedded with a trigger job, she is a tack driver with wide based bullets. I just prefer the Model ’61 platform... Musket is in great shape. Just a nice typical Enfield.

Euroarms Enfield Musketoon SPF
New in box, never fired! For an Enfield, she is very comfortable!

Robbins and Lawrence Mississippi Rifle,( New Hampshire Alteration) $1000 obo
Original Robbins and Lawrence Mississippi Rifle, complete full length stock! Well above wall hanger grade! The rifle was bored out to .58 cal. with original steel ram rod, then honed out post war as a shotgun. A new barrel or liner would be needed to get her into working order. Also requires a new front band spring. Lock works fine, but the hammer is loose. The lock is pitted and the "Rob...s" and "La....ce" are visible. Windsor VT 1851 is visible on lock tail. As is the date on the tang. I do have a reproduction hammer, reproduction front band spring, tang and lock screws as replacements for original hardware at cost. She is very comfortable to shoulder. Own a hard to find NH Alteration Model 1841 Mississippi Rifle with full length furniture for a reasonable price.

Clothes:
Dark blue Pants size around 38/40 inch waist, 31 inch inseam. Well constructed. $65 obo Worn twice for living history. Quite comfortable.

Dark gray pants size around 40 inch waist, 29” inseam. Well constructed. $65 obo Worn twice for living history. Very comfortable!

Blue plaid shirt. Worn a couple of times for living history purposes. Size large/xlarge. $20 obo

White and blue striped suspenders. Button type. Worn twice for living history. SOLD

White broad suspenders. Button type. Worn twice. $15 obo

What I would like:
-"Charleville," or VA Manufactory musket. Condition can vary! The Charleville can be a Navy Arms, Pedersoli etc. reproduction.
*I intend to build a Virginia Manufactory flintlock musket, Artillery Model with 36" barrel, for competition!

-Pedersoli: Cook & Brother Rifle and parts, notably brass screw type bands.

-Euroarms: JP Murray Carbine parts, notably, marked lock plate and butt plates.

-The ever necessary percussion caps!

I'll be at the fort most days next week.

Joe
1st FLA CAV

Confederate
10-04-2015, 07:34 PM
PM'ed question.

John H
10-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Just wanted to know what is still left for sale?
Thanks,
John

david eye 10882
10-23-2015, 08:15 AM
If you still have the supenders I will take them be at the Halloween. thanks Allen shoot with the cockade rifles

Smokin' Joe
10-27-2015, 10:33 PM
I am sorry for not getting back to folks on this post. I usually receive an email notification and have been extremely busy lately. I also thought this post was gone as too old...
What is left:
Everything but the Euro Arms Enfield and Zoli Mississippi. The listing has been edited to reflect those sold items.
Thanks for the interest!

Joe

I do have the suspenders. PM coming your way.

John H
10-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Hi Joe,
Would you have any pictures of the musket "Navy Arms Zouave" , I am interested. What is the lowest price you would be willing to go. I am trying to get a new shooter geared up. The rifle is the last item but cost is slowing him down.
Thanks ,
John H.
Baltimore Rifles

Smokin' Joe
10-28-2015, 08:34 PM
PMs sent.

Blue suspenders sold.
Thanks.