PDA

View Full Version : Schuetzen caps

John Lahman 11013
09-25-2015, 11:10 PM
First, let me say that these caps work great. But, if you shoot left handed please be aware that these caps seem to spark off more than other caps (believe hotter) and you need to protect your right forearm as these caps will put little burn marks on an unprotected forearm.

Jim_Burgess_2078V
09-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the product review which answers what I've been wondering. These caps might just be the ticket for my Sharps carbine and rifle after my dwindling supply of old CCI caps finally runs out. I appreciate the cautionary remarks for southpaws since I shoot left handed but at least I wear a glove on my right hand under the breech.

Jim Burgess, 15th CVI

P.Altland
09-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Tried some today in my Garrett carbine. Went off every time. Can't say that about winged RWS. Still have enough wingless, but would use these when I run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Tinny
09-26-2015, 05:20 PM
The Schutzenpowder.com website has not been updated since 2013, according to the company's contact info page. So, are these caps still in production?
Thanks,
Kevin Tinny

P.Altland
09-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Back Creek had them at Fall Potomac. Teammates bought some for $65 / 1000 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EPPS1919
09-28-2015, 09:08 PM
Just got some from back creek and they work great. No p.o.a. shift and they all shoot good [went off] paid $65 for 1000. I think they will work good with sharps because the RWS cap get caught in the action with the big ears.:D

Michael Bodner
09-29-2015, 06:56 AM
They have worked great in my Zoli Zoauve, Original Smoothbore, and repo Smith. 100% ignition rate...

tackdriver
10-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Geez, I'd asked about these caps a couple months ago and no one had even heard of them then. Guess they're getting more popular. Has anyone tried them in an 1853 Enfield? When I shoot CCI's my nipple gets plugged. These Schutzen are less expensive than the German ones. I hope they work in my Enfield.

ian45662
10-02-2015, 09:13 PM
What kind of nipple are you using in the enfield?

tackdriver
10-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Standard nipple I guess. I suppose it's not the nipple itself Its more the area just past where it goes into the barrel. Totally plugs up. Gotta pull the ball, and the nipple and ream out the hole. ONLY happens with CCI caps. That's why I hesitate to spend the money on the Schutzens without knowing for sure they'll work

devisser
10-30-2015, 11:45 AM
In the ideal world the cap should seal the gap between the hammer and the nipple --- sealing the nipple from gases etc. However, very few shooters realize this or spend the time to correct this problem. The hammer face and the nipple should be at the same angle. 99.9% of shooters do not realize this -- or have the means to correct this problem. In a ideal world there should be no leakage around the nipple. Remember the flash guard around the nipple? People realize the leakage problem quickly. Have a friend take videos of firing any N-ssa approved firearm in the dark and look at the results. Scarry.