PDA

View Full Version : Need help from someone shooting a Frank Wesson

jonk
09-23-2015, 10:39 AM
I picked one up some time back, and our team gunsmith has been working on it, and Bobby Hoyt relined it. Just about all that needs to be done is or soon will be done, minus the CF conversion.

I know that there are two ways to do this, either welding an extension onto the hammer to create a new CF pin, or drilling through the receiver and installing a firing pin in line with the center of the barrel that contacts the hammer a bit lower down.

Our gunsmith thinks he may be able to handle it, but would like to examine a few that have been done before he commits to it. Ideally I'd like to have him look at one of each style, in terms of how the conversion was done.

Let me know what you have and where you'll be at nationals, and we can probably make it down to see you all.

Thanks in advance!

efritz
09-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Jonk,
I have one that was done by Rick Shoenberger. He converted the hammer with a spike. I will have it at the Nat's. 149th PVI 2-3 camp sites past the pistol range bridge on the left across from Dismal Swamp Rangers. Arriving Tuesday morning 10'ish. I have 14 targets to shoot so I may be at the range if you come on another day.

Eric Fritz

jonk
09-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Thanks Eric. I won't be down till Wed or Thurs. I'll pass this info on to Eric Schuessler, who is our team commander and gunsmith... he will likely be there by then as he's also MW regional commander, so he may pop by on Tuesday.