PDA

View Full Version : The Rifle Shoppe

Tom Magno, 9269V
09-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone have any dealings with them lately? I have an order with them that has been pending for months... they don't answer emails or their phone. Are they still in business?

Ron/The Old Reb
09-18-2015, 01:58 PM
Tom
I have order parts from them in the past, the last time was about two years ago. That is the way they are. Some times they answer the phone and a lot of times they don't. You just have to keep trying till they do. I have gotten what I order right away and then there were times I waited months. I understand they do not make there own parts that they have someone else make them. If they are out of stock of what you want you have to wait till they have them made. I did eventually get what I order. The parts that I got were well made but in the rough.

Tom Magno, 9269V
09-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Thanks, I have gotten parts from them before with no difficulty.

ian45662
09-18-2015, 02:45 PM
I have been waiting almost a year now for some parts but I have talked to others and some people have gone as long as 2 years. I figure I will get them eventually. Hope your not in a big hurry or anything

Jim Barber
09-18-2015, 06:12 PM
They're like the ANTI-Amazon!!!

Jim B.

Curt
09-18-2015, 11:28 PM
Hallo!

In many years of doing business with them, I have personally never had an email, phone call picked up and answered, or found their voice mail box open enough to leave a message.

My understanding of their Business Model is that if what you want is in their inventory at the time it can come in less than a week.
Should it not be, then it is a matter of having to wait until a significant enough number of orders for that item come in to make it worthwhile to have their foundry cast up a production run. If what you want is rarely ordered, it can take time- months or years for that to happen.

I have received items in less than a week. Others as long as 2-3 years.

Curt

John Holland
09-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Curt has given the absolutely perfect description of how they operate!

Ron/The Old Reb
09-19-2015, 08:48 AM
I have gotten to believe that it's more of a hobby than a business. Having worked for all most forty years in the retail business if there is one thing that I have learned it's customer service that keeps bringing them back. Ignoring your customers and not trying to commutating with them and at least let them know why there order is going to take some time will but you out of business fast.

John Holland
09-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Ron - The problem is they have no competition in the field. If you have the only product available you can run your business any way you want to!

Ron/The Old Reb
09-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Your right John. But it's still bad PR. It doesn't make any difference if your the only game in town or not. You should still communicate with your customers. Instead of letting them hanging. I would sooner have someone picket up the phone or e-mail and tell me that they do not have what I order in stock and don't know when they are going to have it. Then to let me hanging out in left field waiting for it to come and it never shows up.

John Holland
09-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Oh, I didn't say I agree with their business model!

bobanderson
09-21-2015, 07:41 AM
At Ford Customer Service Division, we were taught "The customer is always right." The unspoken rest is "provided they are willing to pay for it."
The Rifle Shop's approach keeps prices lower than if they carried a ton of inventory sitting around hoping someone wanted it.

Tom Magno, 9269V
09-21-2015, 10:31 AM
If found the part I needed from DGW. I have left a message and email with TRS to cancel my order... wonder if they'll respond to that?!

Ron/The Old Reb
09-21-2015, 03:39 PM
"If found the part I needed from DGW. I have left a message and email with TRS to cancel my order... wonder if they'll respond to that?!"

Good for you Tom
This is what happens when you don't respond to you customer's.

Tom Magno, 9269V
09-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Well lo and behold, I received an acknowledgement of my cancellation email I sent yesterday, with an apology for not responding sooner (like months).

Ron/The Old Reb
09-23-2015, 07:30 AM
At least you know that they are reading there e-mails. That tell you a lot right there.