PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Range Master 750

david eye 10882
09-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Hi all I have a RCBS Range master 750 had it about 7 years worked every year except this year.It comes on and try to cal it after 20 goes to error. It is out of warranty rcbs will not look at it since they don't make this model any body knows who will look at it . Thanks Allen

pastore
09-15-2015, 09:37 PM
It is generally not cost effective to have an electronic balance repaired. You are probably better off to just buy another one.

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
09-16-2015, 08:15 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Pact built the scale for RCBS. There is a reset procedure for electronic scales outlined here:http://pact.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/

If that doesn't work talk to Pacts customer service.

I did have a Pact scale rebuilt. It cost about half the price of a new one.

Rob FreemanWBR
09-17-2015, 10:33 AM
David,

RCBS is all I use for reloading. Over the years I've enjoyed the ability to request replacement parts and even exchanging malfunctioning items.

In your case, I too had a defective RCBS digital scale, but it never came close to 7 years! At first I was directed by RCBS to try a re-set function on the scale. This didn't work. On my call back to RCBS, the rep on the phone let slip that RCBS was aware of this scale's problem with bad circuit(s), and exchanged my scale on a one-for-one basis even with it being out of warranty. Then a year later, just prior to a National, the replacement scale started to malfunction. I once again called RCBS and persuaded the kind lady on the phone that I didn't want to exchange the digital scale for another (as it was out of warranty & this model was apparently suspect), BUT that I instead wanted to return it for a lesser costing mechanical scale.

In the end I got a mechanical scale that won't ever fall victim to bad "circuits", RCBS exchanged an item for something of lesser value, and they kept a loyal customer happy - everybody won in the end.

I hope you can attempt to re-approach your situation with RCBS from that angle and hopefully get a good mechanical scale (M5000 @ $99.95) possibly.

Good luck!