PDA

View Full Version : Who can weld a broken hammer back together?

Mike McDaniel
09-15-2015, 09:00 AM
The hammer spur broke on my original percussion dueling pistol, and I need to have it welded back together. Any recommendations? Thanks.

John Holland
09-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Mike - I would try Bob Gorsky. Brazing may be an option, too.

gjwarren
10-14-2015, 10:05 PM
Romano welded a broken hammer spur to an original Spencer for me, then case hardened/colored it to make it look perfectly like the original it was. I couldn't tell where it was repaired. Didn't charge much either, for amazing work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

R. McAuley 3014V
10-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Rob Lewis at Tri-L Machine (937-252-1978, Waynesville, Ohio), does cobalt welding, which he uses almost exclusively for many of his repairs and modifications. He used it to repair my original Belgian Enfield sear when the end snapped off, and was able to replace all the metal that was lost. So fixing a broken hammer spur would not be any problem.

ChrisWBR
10-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Mike,
did you find someone to weld the hammer? If not Mike Moss or Fred Lewis can give you the name of a precision welder they have used. He even welded the tip of a broken firing pin back on! I've seen his work and it's amazing.
Chris

The hammer spur broke on my original percussion dueling pistol, and I need to have it welded back together. Any recommendations? Thanks.