PDA

View Full Version : .576 Hodgdon mould

Donald Lester 11718
09-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have a .576 hodgdon mould they would part with.
if so please let me know.
Could pick up at Nationals.
Donald Lester, Brad,Bryan,Johnny Hatfield
34th Batt Va cav
drl51@mikrotec.com

Thanks DRL

MR. GADGET
09-09-2015, 08:52 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/483663/rcbs-1-cavity-bullet-mold-576-hodgdon-north-south-skirmish-576-diameter-412-grain

that what you looking?
I think I have one I picked up to try, should only have one casting on it less than 50 rounds so it is like new.

Will look and post back.

Donald Lester 11718
09-10-2015, 01:26 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/483663/rcbs-1-cavity-bullet-mold-576-hodgdon-north-south-skirmish-576-diameter-412-grain

that what you looking?
I think I have one I picked up to try, should only have one casting on it less than 50 rounds so it is like new.

Will look and post back.

That is it mr. Gadget
bring to nationals and we will get together
do you remember what dia bullet it casts
thanks for looking
DRL

Jim Mulligan 7288V
09-10-2015, 04:36 PM
The last Hodgdon mould I purchased was marked .578" but dropped a .585" bullet. I sent it back for evaluation, it met their specification. I would look for a good used one too.

MR. GADGET
09-10-2015, 09:12 PM
That is it mr. Gadget
bring to nationals and we will get together
do you remember what dia bullet it casts
thanks for looking
DRL

I have had this one for at least 8 years or more I would guess, maybe as much as 10 to 12..

Just put my hands on it and it has the tall plug in it that I picked up from a sutler and also the stock plug.
It looks as new or better then new based on the last few lyman and RCBS that were covered with rust and needed a bunch of cleaning before use.

So if you want it I will bring it to nationals for you to look at and let you decide if you want it.
Im easy to find in the camp Rowan Artillery. Also a provost.
will be hitting camp wed night this go around.

Donald Lester 11718
09-11-2015, 05:50 PM
I have had this one for at least 8 years or more I would guess, maybe as much as 10 to 12..

Just put my hands on it and it has the tall plug in it that I picked up from a sutler and also the stock plug.
It looks as new or better then new based on the last few lyman and RCBS that were covered with rust and needed a bunch of cleaning before use.

So if you want it I will bring it to nationals for you to look at and let you decide if you want it.
Im easy to find in the camp Rowan Artillery. Also a provost.
will be hitting camp wed night this go around.

Thanks Mr.Gadget
yes please bring to nationals, I had the same problem one other guy spoke of bought a new one stamped .576 but bullets come out .579+ my gun does not like bullets sized back that much DRL

Donald Lester 11718
09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
The last Hodgdon mould I purchased was marked .578" but dropped a .585" bullet. I sent it back for evaluation, it met their specification. I would look for a good used one too.

You are correct Mr. Jim I sent one back and got the same treatment from rcbs.
the workmenship of their products has went down hill.

bobanderson
09-13-2015, 04:17 PM
I have a .576 that drops a .580. A new shooter needed a .580, so I bought one from a local sutler. This one dropped bullets smaller than my mould marked .576 so I sent it back to RCBS.
It took 4 months and numerous contacts with a Quality Control engineer named Steve Frediani before I settled for a replacement mould for my 38 special.
This is no knock against Steve, who went to bat for me on many occasions. The real surprise was when he was told by an engineer that my moulds were "within tolerances" and that "the guys in the N-SSA don't size their minies."

We talk to Italian gunmakers, maybe we should have some contact with the big mould makers.