PDA

View Full Version : Two 2nd mod Maynards for sale

John Bly
09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
I have two Maynard carbines for sale. They can be seen at the Potomac Regional or Stonewall Skirmish at Ft. Shenandoah. I can send additional pictures. Request by a PM

The first is a rebuilt carbine with a new barrel rust blued and rubbed out to look old. It has a repaired stock and bushed flash hole and a lot of new screws. It takes a Smith nipple as the threads were stripped. It is skirmish ready with a 4 lb trigger. I'm asking $1450.

John Bly
09-01-2015, 08:41 AM
The second Maynard carbine is built from parts. It has a new barrel rust blued with new sights. The frame is original with a mint flash hole. The side plate is original but mismatched. The lever and hammer are originals. The trigger and lower tang are new replacements. There are lots of new screws. The stock is a new replacement. It is skirmish ready with a 3 1/2 lb trigger. I'm asking $1600. PM me for additional pictures.

42jeep
09-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Hello John,

How were you able to upload your photos?

I have been trying to upload photo for ad from my memory card to the computer and have also saved photo on computer but keep
getting message that photo is too large - even after reducing the size.

What did you do in order to get a nice large photo of your carbines?

Thanks,

Rex
27th NC

John Bly
09-10-2015, 05:47 PM
The pictures aren't very large at all by today's standards, 68kb on one and 117kb on the other. You need to resize your pictures if the site says they are too large. Many cameras today take pics near 1 meg in size which is 1000kb.

I can bring these carbines to the Potomac to be seen up close. I know they are rebuilds but I do good work and they are ready to start skirmishing with, just sight them in.

John Bly
09-17-2015, 05:48 PM
They are multiplying! I now have 3 of them. The third is all original except for a Hoyt lined barrel with new Rich Cross sights and a few new screws. The barrel has about 50% original finish. The stock is in very good condition. All three can be seen in Bruce Cobb's place on Sutler row at nat'ls. These are shooter guns, not museum pieces but must be seen to appreciate the quality of the reconditioning work.