PDA

View Full Version : NRA Booth

Eggman
08-26-2015, 08:58 AM
So I got thinking NRA wise, why do we have primo vendor space next to the bridge wasted on the NRA whom I have not seen hyde nor hair of the last ten nationals?

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
08-26-2015, 09:31 AM
They have been there the last 4 National Skirmishes.

Phil

Eggman
08-26-2015, 10:00 AM
Hmm. Well I can never find the jelly jar in the refrigerator either. Maybe they need to hang a sign, "The NRA is In."

MR. GADGET
08-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Hmm. Well I can never find the jelly jar in the refrigerator either. Maybe they need to hang a sign, "The NRA is In."

They have one of those also....

If you have something to say for or against the NRA.... Just say it...

cowrustler
08-26-2015, 03:36 PM
If it wasn't for the NRA, we'd all be collecting postage stamps or Beanie babies. There would be no shooting sports.

Eggman
08-26-2015, 08:53 PM
True and we still may. We need help! What I propose is the editorial staff of "American Rifleman" dedicate one page out of the 672 or so they publish each year to muzzleloading, maybe with an N-SSA feature every other year. We need the help and I feel the shooting community REALLY needs this cross fertilization. The general public, even Democrats, love what we do.
Cowrustler: must be a "West River" boy???

MR. GADGET
08-26-2015, 09:40 PM
True and we still may. We need help! What I propose is the editorial staff of "American Rifleman" dedicate one page out of the 672 or so they publish each year to muzzleloading, maybe with an N-SSA feature every other year. We need the help and I feel the shooting community REALLY needs this cross fertilization. The general public, even Democrats, love what we do.
Cowrustler: must be a "West River" boy???

Have you contacted them and ask for it?
Have you went to talk to them or a NRA meeting.?

Michael Bodner
08-27-2015, 12:35 PM
I remember bumping into Mark O'Keefe (NRA Magazine Editor) at Nationals one year. Very nice guy. And he seemed to be genuinely interested in N-SSA as we met in Sutlers (He was just shopping)....

If I recall, the DID do a piece on us. I know that there have been multiple mentions of N-SSA within articles on Civil War era guns...

Eggman
08-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Have you contacted them and ask for it?

Two submissions, one current thru the N-SSA liason.
Wouldn't it be nice though if the N-SSA got a full color spread like the latest "Buck Rogers Truly Awesome Almost Like a Real Killer Diller Special Operations Faux Assault Rifle" gets?

Chris Sweeney
08-28-2015, 10:30 AM
The political and economic reality is that for everyone of us who covets that mint 1855 or affordable H&P, there are a thousand who eagerly await the latest variation of the " Buck Rogers . . .etc. "

We are a very small slice of the 2nd Amendment pie. Unfortunately, as the runt of the litter (how's that for a mixed metaphor). that means we usually get stuck with the hind . . . you know.

Eggman
08-28-2015, 03:37 PM
On the other hand, you can take it to the bank that a squeeky wheel raising enough hell almost always results in a center hit on the target. A feature article in that rag would, with a splash of color, be the cat's meow for this N-SSA confab if we can ever get the idea across the finish line.
By the way, what exactly is a mixed metaphor?