PDA

View Full Version : Lead for sale

John Bly
08-13-2015, 08:32 PM
I have good fairly clean pure lead for sale at around $1.50/lb. It is in bricks 2" x 4" x 8" that weigh 26 1/4 lb each. Each brick is $40 which works out to $1.52/lb. It is supposedly 99.9% pure lead. It was tested by a buyer for a battery company and declared pure but I don't have any documentation. I melted 2 bricks this AM and it is good stuff with a nice purple hue to the melt and it makes minies with skirts you can crush with your fingers. I had about 3 tablespoons of dross with the 52lb melt.

Sorry, I have no way to cut it for you but a turkey cooker burner and an old dutch oven works well to melt it. I can deliver to Ft. Shenandoah at the Gator, Potomac, Stonewall or Nat'l skirmish as long as the supply holds out. Send me a PM to get your order in.

John Bly
08-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I'll have some of this lead at the Gator shoot at Ft. Shenandoah. This is good stuff, there is none softer. You can see me or Danny Sheetz with the 11th Va Cav. He'll have some with him also and he's working the shoot so he'll be there almost all the time.

John Bly
09-01-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll be bringing some of this lead to the Potomac Regional. We have less than a ton remaining of the 3 tons we procured and some of it is spoken for. I've melted 7 bricks of it so far and it is really soft pure stuff. You can see me or Danny Sheetz of the 11th Va. Cav. I'll be on the line during the carbine, smoothbore and musket matches.

Toddj
09-08-2015, 08:12 PM
I'll take three bricks and pick up at the Potomac this weekend Saturday if possible. JT 301-787-8532

I have good fairly clean pure lead for sale at around $1.50/lb. It is in bricks 2" x 4" x 8" that weigh 26 1/4 lb each. Each brick is $40 which works out to $1.52/lb. It is supposedly 99.9% pure lead. It was tested by a buyer for a battery company and declared pure but I don't have any documentation. I melted 2 bricks this AM and it is good stuff with a nice purple hue to the melt and it makes minies with skirts you can crush with your fingers. I had about 3 tablespoons of dross with the 52lb melt.

Sorry, I have no way to cut it for you but a turkey cooker burner and an old dutch oven works well to melt it. I can deliver to Ft. Shenandoah at the Gator, Potomac, Stonewall or Nat'l skirmish as long as the supply holds out. Send me a PM to get your order in.

John Bly
09-09-2015, 08:38 AM
I'll have it with me. I'm bringing 8 bricks for one of your team mates Scott. If I run out, my partner in this, Danny Sheetz of the 11th VA CAV will have some with him. I'm shooting carbine and smoothbore on Sat with the 5th VA INF. look me up.