PDA

View Full Version : Would a PH Barrel on a Euroarms Enfield Need a SAC Card?

terrydull
07-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Please see ...

http://www.lodgewood.com/Euroarms-Enfield-W-Parker-Hale-Barrel-Orginal-Bayonet_p_2248.html

Like the title asks, would this need a SAC Card for participation?

John Holland
07-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Terry - As long as the Parker-Hale barrel has not been "defarbed", or the sights moved from their original location, you will not need a SAC card. Here is the logic for your convenience: The Euroarms is approved, as is the Parker-Hale. That means the barrels are approved on their own merit. Therefore the barrels may be used on any P-53 Rifle Musket.

I hope this has explained part of the SAC process and helped you with your quest!

John Holland
Chairman, SAC

Eggman
07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Very interesting post John. The "defarbed" comment started the wheels spinning - the why? Obviously with the maker scrubbed off it becomes a source unknown piece and must be inspected. Is it true that transsexuals are defarbed? Let's start using it in that context cause I hate the (non) word.

terrydull
07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Terry - As long as the Parker-Hale barrel has not been "defarbed", or the sights moved from their original location, you will not need a SAC card. Here is the logic for your convenience: The Euroarms is approved, as is the Parker-Hale. That means the barrels are approved on their own merit. Therefore the barrels may be used on any P-53 Rifle Musket.

I hope this has explained part of the SAC process and helped you with your quest!

John Holland
Chairman, SAC

Thanks John ... I didn't what to put a bunch of money down and make a wrong assumption ... even one as clear as you made it :D