PDA

View Full Version : Gallagher Carbine

patio
07-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Hello,

Purchased this Gallagher carbine at a gunshow and would like some advice. Where can I get cases? Barrel is the original micro-groove. I know DGW has cases. Anyone know any other suppliers? Did a search and found some good advice on making this carbine run. Didn't want to contact people without permission first. I am open to anything you have to say if you want to post or pm me. Saw my first "gun" event in the early 70's. Was 12 years old ant it was an N-SSA shoot outside of Springfield, OH. Great time. Front sight post has been modified and made taller. The notches in the rear sight are factory width but deeper. Any help is appreciated.

Lou Lou Lou
07-20-2015, 07:32 AM
S and S fire arms or Lodgewood for cases.
Microgroove barrel? Would that make it one of the 1970 Repros from Erma Werk?

patio
07-20-2015, 08:08 AM
S and S fire arms or Lodgewood for cases.
Microgroove barrel? Would that make it one of the 1970 Repros from Erma Werk?

Yes, It is an Erma Werk carbine. Tried to post pictures of the carbine but couldn't figure it out. Will try again soon.

Thank you,

Pat

Also picked up an unfired Colt repro musket (sn 29xx) and a new Lee 500 gr. Minie mold. As I remember, 60 gr of FFg and fill the bullet base with crisco should work. Last weekend was productive!

RaiderANV
07-20-2015, 12:36 PM
60 grains of 2F for Cape Buffalo and aching shoulder joints. 38-45 grains of 3F for white tail and N-SSA shooting.