PDA

View Full Version : Need load for Ball Accuracy Remington Pistol

Rlevin
06-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Purchased Ball Accuracy pistol new and need to find a load that works. I could go through the entire range of powders and loads including CW or CM, but I am trying to simplify.
I understand that someone won a bunch of medals with Joe Fisher's Ball Accuracy pistol so it can be done and that is why I am asking.

The other pistol I purchased from Charlie Hahn shoots a nats eye out at 25 yards and it likes 22gr Swiss 2F (NOT 3F) with CW filler. But the Ball Accuracy pistol does not like that.

Please help this nice senior citizen. :D

rlevin73@verizon.net

Mike McDaniel
06-02-2015, 09:58 AM
It should have come with a test target. Tom Ball preferred a rather heavy charge, around 20-25 grains of Goex 3F. If you use Swiss, cut that by 10%. .457 round ball. Ball liked cornmeal filler, but just about everybody at the International level is using Cream of Wheat (or the local equivalent).

Jim Wimbish, 10395
06-02-2015, 01:54 PM
The Ball load for his Remington revolver was 20 grains of 3f Goex with a .457 ball and enough filler to seat the ball about a 1/4 inch below the top of the cylinder. Since corn meal compresses, I recommend using cream of wheat as a filler. This load will shoot well in other revolvers, too. The recoil with 20 grains is a bit stiff, and lots of guys are using lighter loads in their pistols. You could also try using 17 grains of 3f Goex and a little more filler.

Ron/The Old Reb
06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Tom tested all his revolvers with 20grs. 3f Goex, cornmeal filler and 457 round ball. If you have the test target that is what it was shot with.

Rlevin
06-06-2015, 09:52 AM
:d
thank you all for your help. !!!!!!
Russ

purchased ball accuracy pistol new and need to find a load that works. I could go through the entire range of powders and loads including cw or cm, but i am trying to simplify.
I understand that someone won a bunch of medals with joe fisher's ball accuracy pistol so it can be done and that is why i am asking.

The other pistol i purchased from charlie hahn shoots a nats eye out at 25 yards and it likes 22gr swiss 2f (not 3f) with cw filler. But the ball accuracy pistol does not like that.

Please help this nice senior citizen. :d

rlevin73@verizon.net