PDA

View Full Version : New Production Approved Arms

John Holland
05-23-2015, 12:12 PM
The Small Arms Committee hereby announces the Production Approval of two (2) new products from D. Pedersoli & C. They were submitted by Dixie Gun Works on behalf of D. Pedersoli & C.

They are as follows:

1 - C.S. Cook & Brother Rifle, as made in Athens GA, 1863. The barrel is .58 caliber with 5 lands and grooves.

2 - Harper's Ferry Model 1805 Pistol, as converted to percussion by drum method, in .54 caliber smoothbore, and front sight only.

Dixie Gun Works stated at the 131st National they would accept pre-production orders of the H.F. 1805 percussion pistol at the price of $450. They also indicated the price would go up to full retail afterwards.

This is a "Public Service Announcement", only. I have no personal interests in this.

John Holland
Chairman, SAC

MR. GADGET
05-23-2015, 02:35 PM
John,

Can you please let us know what rules we need to follow for Spec?
As in rods, type of rod, length and trigger pull.

Some say we fall under muzzle loading rules and others pistol for trigger pull.
As for rods on Muzzleloader you can size plus 3" for the rod length, can we do the same for this and change to brass?

as always
thanks

Mike McDaniel
05-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Honestly, I'd recommend that SB pistol be allowed to use range rods. We're not going to be doing rapid-fire with them, and the added safety of a proper range rod should be used.

The real question is whether patched round balls should be allowed. These pistols were NOT muskets, reloading in battle wasn't really thought of.

John Holland
05-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Jon - The questions you have posed regarding rules definitions, clarifications, changes, etc. are the domain of the Inspector General and Rules Committee Chairman. I would suggest contacting them for answers to your questions.
JDH