PDA

View Full Version : WTS - "Musket" Sling - Reproductions

Artilleryman
04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
I've decided to sell that I bought well over a year ago. This sling is a monster at almost 70 inches in length!!! The price for the sling was really good, but the sling is almost too long to use without cutting it down to the correct 46 or 52 inch length. I tried to use it for an M1816 smoothbore musket or an m1861/63 Rifle-Musket, but quickly realized that the sling is just too long to use for either arm. Sadly, the sling maker had stamped "Watervliet Arsenal" on the end that would need to be cut down to use! If you don't mind cutting down the sling to the normal length, and forgoing the marking, then the sling will be fine. You will need to trim approximately 20 inches off one end of the sling and resewing the fixed keeper to even get it to the correct length. The sling's maker claims that he based his reproduction sling off an original in his collection. His original sling must be for an arm that wasn't in the US Military inventory during the Civil/Indian War period!!!

The sling is a beautiful medium brown color and could be used for a variety of arms. Again, the sling has a "Watervliet Arsenal" marking and is approximately 70 inches in length. Asking what I paid for it - $15.00 plus $5.00/shipping.

Pictures available upon request.

Send me a PM and I'll hold the sling for you pending receipt of funds. I'll accept personal checks, money orders, Paypal (please add 5% to the total).

Thanks for looking.. >>>>Last Call before being placed on eBay<<<<

Dave
Artilleryman

Artilleryman
04-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Bump to Top