PDA

View Full Version : Nationals Smoothbore Pictures

Eggman
04-16-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm working up a smoothbore article aimed at NRA's "American Rifleman." It's coming together real well. Need photos. Most desired are a good shot or two of the team competition taken from the tower. Also shots of individual teams - I prefer informal although a shot of one of the winning teams next to one of those big trophies might be good - still like informal though, especially folks WITH their muskets. Full photo credit if published. Please email to southernjacks@gmail.com.

bobanderson
04-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Have some pix for you.

Eggman
04-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Bob -- PM sent.

Eggman
04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Just a quick update on this, I have some great pictures ready for the article. What I've discovered is neither "American Rifleman" nor any any other of the NRA publications have any system in place for submissions. In a nutshell a draft has been submitted to a black hole called "publications." I could be wrong but it looks like the NRA is relying mostly on staff writers who in focus their attention alsmost exclusively on promoting products which in turn generates income for the NRA. This appears to me as a "feathering your own nest" priority over educating/entertaining the readership.
As usual the May issue emphasizes assault style rifles which, if you're not killing communists, I can't see much use for except for getting a thrill up one's leg. There is a sop to the muzzle loading crowd via a new Buck Rogers style inline from Thompson Center guaranteed to make traditional front stuffers like usun throw up.

loflyr55
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association in Friendship Indiana has a magazine and they are more interested in the historical shooter.

John Holland
04-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Eggman has already been published several times in the NMLRA's magazine, Muzzle Blasts.