PDA

View Full Version : Rifle soft case question from new guy

1-12 INF (M)
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
What do you guys use for soft rifle cases? I bought a good-looking blanket case from Track of the Wolf, but it was really too narrow and my hammer ear kept hanging up inside, finally wearing through the lining and blanket - it was difficult to manage.

I don't want to use a modern case, but would like something rustic looking for my 1861 Springfield.

Can someone refer me to a maker? Internet searches haven't turned up much.

Thanks.

Bob Seng, 10979
08-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Morton Enterprises is the manufacture of the most popular soft case used if you go to the home page of the nssa and click on the links of interest scroll down you will see their link you can order fron their website or wait till the nationals and buy from them there. They usually set up on the exit road across from the sutler buildings.
They are excellent cases and they stand behind their product

S Myers
08-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Morton's have moved into the old Harpers Ferry Gunsmith booth near Dirty Billy's at nationals.

If you don't want to wait until October, give them a call at 877-819-7280 and tell them you need a musket case. They'll take it from there.

Sherry Myers

RangerFrog
08-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Just another plug for Morton... I use their one of their cases for my Romano Maynard, and my Zouave will get one this Fall. I also had them make one up special for my OU shotgun with two sets of barrels. Their work is absolutely top drawer, IMHO.

Just my $.02!
Froggie