PDA

View Full Version : WTS .. 1863 MINT "L G and Y" MUSKET

Gene Pantano SGM
04-06-2015, 11:22 PM
YUP - MINT -- UNFIRED -- 1000 % Guaranteed.... Is an odd Duck for sure..Captured by the REBS...traded to the French... (a whole case)..
They went to France.. ONE wound up in a Museum... this is it....but wait..the History does not end yet !!! During WW2 - an American GI saw it in the Museum....since "we" were the conquerors...he busted the glass show case and grabbed it.... He took it home to the South !!!!
About 10 or 12 years back..I bought it from the family.. It has the Museum cartouche down near the bottom of the stock with an accountability number .. This Musket will give you Goose bumps... Is so nice....you hate to touch it...
?? I guess I should ask $3500 for it.... You will never see another NEW LG&Y again...except in a Museum...But not in France.. :-)Give me a shout...

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
04-07-2015, 12:03 AM
What did the "Rebs" get from the french for the case of muskets?

RaiderANV
04-07-2015, 01:27 AM
"Grand Merci" of course

le piaf
04-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Are you sure of the fact that conquerors is the best word , In Europe we use with gratitude the word Liberator ? in the WW2 you were fighting Germany and Axis armies . Grabing in a museum it was only to follow the path of the hitler's soldier .
After the civil war ,The US government had been very happy to sold his weapons stock to the froggies ,These rifles and handguns are part of the french history and called "armes de la défense nationale". Theses weapons unissued for the majority were bought by Bannermann in the beginning of 1900 and they went back to USA. part of the weapons issued were spread in militia and stay in France
Today , you can see lots of these weapons in action in France in MLAIC events , I am the proud owner of a Remington revolver , his accuracy - half of Quantrell rem' gave to me lots of gold medals . Every time, I shot him , I think to His first owner - EHW engraved inside the wood of the butt.

jek279
04-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Whether I could afford it or not, I would like to see pictures of this historic mint condition gun?

Eggman
04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
In addition to seeing the gun - Monsure Le Piaf (Mr. Sparrow) you need to get on an airplane and get over here to one of our nationals so we can all meet you. We guarantee you a good time and all the beer you can drink!!!! (Haven't seen much champaign around Fort Shenandoah.) The fort is an easy drive from Washington.

le piaf
04-08-2015, 12:59 PM
hello my friend, it will be with pleasure, i just need to win at the lottery , my daughters are at the university and I know lots of things less expansive . don't worry for the champaign, I prefer beer.

Maillemaker
04-08-2015, 01:07 PM
What a cool story! I'd like to see pictures of it, too, just for fun.

Steve

MR. GADGET
04-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Buy the gun not the story....
It would take a big stack of papers to back that story.

Welcome to the forum and great first and only post.

R. McAuley 3014V
04-08-2015, 06:48 PM
YUP - MINT -- UNFIRED -- 1000 % Guaranteed.... Is an odd Duck for sure..Captured by the REBS...traded to the French... (a whole case)..
They went to France.. ONE wound up in a Museum... this is it....but wait..the History does not end yet !!! During WW2 - an American GI saw it in the Museum....since "we" were the conquerors...he busted the glass show case and grabbed it.... He took it home to the South !!!!
About 10 or 12 years back..I bought it from the family.. It has the Museum cartouche down near the bottom of the stock with an accountability number .. This Musket will give you Goose bumps... Is so nice....you hate to touch it...
?? I guess I should ask $3500 for it.... You will never see another NEW LG&Y again...except in a Museum...But not in France.. Give me a shout...

If it was “liberated” (i.e. stolen) from a museum collection (as you have claimed), under Anglo-American law and the law of some (but not all) European countries, a thief cannot pass good title no matter how many subsequent owners buy it in good faith.

John Holland
04-08-2015, 08:44 PM
And, there folks, is the post I was waiting to see!