PDA

View Full Version : Bull buffalo hide, hair on, $900 shipped

cowrustler
03-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Not sure if there is any interest in this item here but I have a nice, large buffalo hide for sale. It is Montana stock and a heavy winter hide from a 6 year old bull. One small hole of about 2" that could be sewn shut. It is 8' long, not counting the face, 6&1/2' wide at the center. Serious interest- please e-mail me at billcurran44@gmail.com for pictures. Thanks for reading.

Eggman
03-03-2015, 10:30 AM
I guess this is what results when you cross-fertilize with the muzzleloader crowd. Back in the old "Buckskin Report" days we were up to our giblets in animal hides. Well since we're now in the hide trade market, I would like to add my plews to this offering. I would like to offer soft, fresh mole hides to the readership. As we all know, mole skins make perfect ladies dress goves. The only down side - it takes 22 moles to make a one pair of complete gloves. This may seem like a lot of moles, but if you observe the tunnels in my yard you'll be assured that I can meet any demand. Price -- Hides still on the moles - $5 each. Hides extacted from the moles - $9 each. The extracted hides are pre-dried, all brain tanning must be accomplished by purchaser.
This may seem a bit expensive, but I have to rent the neighbor's dog for mole excavation -- not cheap. Then each mole must be physically wrestled from the dog's (Blue's) mouth, not easy.

george7542
03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Well I guess I can offer up a fresh possum. not dead maybe a half hour. one dollar reason is twenty two rounds are still a little high and the buyer pays shipping

Eggman
03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Admittedly not a lot of takers of my offer so far. I think it's likely it has something to do with the weather. It's 60 here in Alabama right now (8:00 am) but projected to drop to around 29 at 4:00 pm. Such radical changes derange some people. The seven inches of snow we had Friday was gone by Monday. Well anyway maybe the mole pelt market is weak right now.
I did have an inquiry from one fellow though seeking a way to reduce the number of moles needed for a proper pair of ladies gloves. Since he lives between a couple of lakes, I suggested he consider using fishnet backers on each glove. There are many boats parked in his area with fishnets hanging out the sides, whence all he'd need to do is wander over to the boat yard and clip off a couple of shards.
I learned something else - that the moles in sandy areas actually use tiny timbers to reinforce their tunnels. I'm sure folks in the Carolinas and Tidewater Virginia were already well aware of this.