PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Gun Works 2 band enfield by Chiappa

loflyr55
02-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Chiappa firearms made for Dixie gun works? Are they the same as Armisport or completely different. They are being advertised as a 150th anniversary special, defarbed, for $650. I would be interested if I thought I could make it a decent shooter.

Curt
02-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Hallo!

"Chiappa" is the alternate name for "Armi Sport," but is the same company.
For some reason,, they returned to the Chiappa name not too long ago. 'Chiappa Firearms' now is a multiple company including Armi Chiappa bka Armi Sport, Kimar, ACP laser, and Costa metal treatment.

Curt

BlackJack
02-17-2015, 11:22 PM
I bought one of the Chiappa/Armisport 2-band Enfields at the Gettysburg 150th and have been shooting it quite a bit. Had to put on a tall front sight and change out the nipple, but it is now a great shooter with a minie ball over 60gr of Swiss 2F. In that configuration I can hit a pie plate at 100yds pretty consistently. But with a patched round ball over 60gr FF it's much more accurate from my experience. I like the fit and finish and the balance of the piece very much and took it hunting this year. I'd recommend it.

One note, I think Dixie may be selling them, but not as Dixie made guns. Mine came from the Dixie sutler tent at Gettysburg and it came in a Chiappa box. It seems to be pretty well defarbed from what I can tell. When you remove the barrel for cleaning you'll find all the data on the bottom of the barrel.

Good luck!

Jesse Painter
02-20-2015, 06:21 PM
I'll sell you mine for $100.00 less. Already set up with good sights and trigger job... Check out the for sale page...

Dave18860
04-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Are you saying for sale at $550? Is this a Chiappa 2 band? Defarbed? I am really interested. You can contact me at: turbine@troycable.net