PDA

View Full Version : Small arms specs...

CAGerringer
02-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Can anyone direct me to where I can find the approved, N-SSA specifications for an "Artillery Model", 2-band Springfield?
Thanks,
Charlie Gerringer
Old Dominion Dragoons

Joe Plakis, 9575V
02-17-2015, 10:06 AM
Currently the sheets are not available online, the reasoning I suspect is because as the years have gone by the sheets have be reworked and tolerances and numbers have changed.

So the short answer is you need to ask a SAC Inspector to email it to you. Which I can do, just email me at JosephPlakis @ Comcast. net, obviously no spaces all one word.

Now can I ask a quick question? What is your barrel length? And are you looking to build a 1861 or 1863 Artillery Model? The Reason I ask, is if you are building a musket off of a 1861 33" barrel I would suggest building a CS Richmond Mounted Infantry Rifle, Razeed. The differences between this musket and the Artillery Model, is that the CS Richmond Mounted Infantry actually existed. The only real difference is the Stock Length and the Brass Nose Cap. Now if you are building off of a 1863 Barrel or a 32" barrel you are limited to the Artillery Model, although there is the SNWTC Model. But again it is just a suggestion, if you want to build and Artillery Model, that is okay.

So for starters let me know what barrel type and length you are using and email me and I will send you the sheets