PDA

View Full Version : CCI Skirmisher caps - free, RWS caps ?

sealgaire
02-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I have a tin of 100 CCI Skirmisher Caps. Didn't look at the package closely until I got home and after a little research I am not going to use them on my Volunteer. I live near Sebago lake in Maine. Anyone nearby that wants the CCI's, let me know and you can stop by the house. Yours for free.

Looking for RWS musket caps. Anyone know a source in the Maine/New Hampshire area?

Thanks.

Sealgaire

RaiderANV
02-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Giving away without trying one? I've used them many times on a Maynard, Zouave and Enfield arms and they worked fine.

Maillemaker
02-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I find the CCI caps work pretty well on my Enfield, which has a straight-through fire channel, but do not work reliably on my Richmond Carbine, which has a right-angle fire channel.

Steve

sealgaire
02-02-2015, 09:46 AM
Pat, Steve,

No have not tried, but everything I've read about the CCI's is negative. I guess I should try them and see. I've always used the RWS 1081's and down now to about half a can of them. So, I'm withdrawing my offer to give them away.

Thanks.

Sealgaire

Maillemaker
02-02-2015, 11:05 AM
I bought a few tins of the CCI caps from my local gun store when I was totally out of caps.

I now use them for snapping caps when I go to the range on my own. In competition, I use RWS exclusively.

I noticed that the CCI caps were initially labeled "Reenactment Use", and then they were re-labeled "Multiple Use". But they just put new labels over the old labels.

http://imgur.com/a/4yxRl

Steve

R. McAuley 3014V
02-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Not cheap... but "in store" available and about an hour away from you

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/hunting-shooting/black-powder/caps-bullets/rws-1081-musket-percussion-cap-100

CAGerringer
02-03-2015, 01:30 PM
I am down in FL, just north of Jacksonville, and I could only find the "Re-enactor Caps" for about 5 months. I used them on my Lorenz and a Pietta Smith, and never had a misfire. They may not work for everyone, but I could tell no difference between them and any other cap...performance wise. Just sayin'

Charlie Gerringer
Old Dominion Dragoons

mpapajoffre
03-04-2015, 12:13 PM
If anybody has any of those dangerous CCI 6 wing musket caps, I'll gladly take them off your hands!

WBR10654
03-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I have a tin of 100 CCI Skirmisher Caps. Didn't look at the package closely until I got home and after a little research I am not going to use them on my Volunteer. I live near Sebago lake in Maine. Anyone nearby that wants the CCI's, let me know and you can stop by the house. Yours for free.

Looking for RWS musket caps. Anyone know a source in the Maine/New Hampshire area?

Thanks.

Sealgaire

I have never had a problem with them other than they are really "HOT" and depending on your firearm they can come apart.

I have a couple cans left and I am using them in practice.... I just make sure I have my eye protection on....

DPB

RaiderANV
03-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Those caps are worth twice the going rate to guys with Sharps that fail to ignite often. Those older CCI 6 wing work every time. You might offer a two for one trade rather then waste them in practice.