PDA

View Full Version : Single shot breech loader arms question

Don Branch 12592
01-24-2015, 07:14 PM
After reading 19.3 it appears that Maynard and Smith Carbines meet the definition of SINGLE SHOT BREECHLOAADER. Are they eligible for the matches or am I mistaken?

Originally I was looking for what internally primed breechloaders were available for the single shot matches. In addition to the Ballard & Wesson rifle what is there?

Thanks
Don

MR. GADGET
01-24-2015, 07:31 PM
So you could shoot the gun in the carbine and the single shot matches... all with the same gun.

kind of like the musket match.....
way I was reading you could use you SB for that.

for that matter you should be able to use any muzzle stuffer in the musket match.

Joe Plakis, 9575V
01-24-2015, 07:38 PM
No Maynards and Smiths would fall into the Carbine Class, noted in section E.

The Breechloading Rifles is a firearm that has a barrel length that is longer than 26.5 and is internally or externally primed. The Sharps Rifle would fit this as an externally primed fire-arm, and a Spencer Rifle would fit the this as internally primed firearm.

Carbine II is a carbine with a barrel length less than 26.5 and is internally primed. Examples are Ballard Carbines, Split Beech Rolling Block, and Two Trigger Frank Wessons are examples of Carbine II

Hope this helps

John Holland
01-24-2015, 07:52 PM
For Don, Joe is correct. Maynard and Smith Carbines are neither Rifles nor Class 2 Carbines. They are Class 1 Carbines.

For Mr. Gadget, yes, you may use your smooth bore in the Musket Team Match as long as it meets the parameters set out in the Rules for a musket. No, you can't use "...any muzzle stuffer..." in Musket Team Matches, again for the reason that it has to meet the qualifications of a "Musket" as per the Rules.

Don Branch 12592
01-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Thank you. (I misread the internally primed part on carbine II)